Prayers needed

freeagent

Six-man pro
I got a call from my good friend, John Rabon last night. As many of you know, John was the head football coach at Seguin Lifegate from 2003 (start of the program) to 2017, ending with the TAPPS D-3 championship that year (and 2012). At the end of 2018, he rejoined the staff as an assistant and they won the TCAL finals in 2018 and just this past weekend in 2019.

I was surprised to get a call this morning (Mon 11/25) that John had a heart attack last night. Fortunately, his son, Austin, got him to Christus Santa Rosa in New Braunfels quickly and the doctors inserted two stents in his heart. Last I heard from his wife, Cindy, he was doing fine. He was going to spend the night in ICU and then move to a room tomorrow.

John has been coaching football for probably close to 50 years -- his start (in college) was as a student teacher at Star (6 man) with runs at Carrizso Springs, Luling, and Seguin (among others) before retiring from public schools and coming to start the program with me at Seguin Lifegate Christian in 2003.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers for his continued healing.

Back