Prayers for Ranger Hill

CRSARM

11-man fan
http://www.microplexnews.com/ranger-hil ... fic-delay/

There is a ton of stuff posted about this all over FB right now. Ranger Hill had major accidents earlier and both lanes are shut down. As of 4:00 PM nothing is back open.

This is a quote from a member of the sheriffs department:

"What a mess. Traffic in Strawn looks like downtown Ft. Worth. They need to fix another route for Ranger hill."

When asked if there were fatalities he said yes.

This is from the City of Strawns FB page.

"I have opened the restrooms at the City Hall and at the Community Center Pavilion for people that have been rerouted through Strawn because of the wreck on I-20. Please point anyone that needs a bathroom break to these locations."

They are diverting traffic through Strawn and it seems that Strawn has stepped up to the challenge to show people what Small Town Texas is all about.

Please be in prayer for those injured and those that lost their lives today, for the emergency workers helping clear it all up and those that are stranded as a result.

Thanks,

Andy

I wish they would drop the speed limit coming down that hill - by a LOT. 75mph is way too fast to go down a steep curvy hill like that.

Kudos to the good folks of Strawn for stepping up to help folks. That's awesome.

I've been down Ranger hill at speeds I'm not to proud of now, but in most conditions, there is nothing dangerous about the design EXCEPT for the idiot driver that thinks driving 25-30 mph BELOW the posted limit in the LEFT lane is somehow safer. I'm coming around the curve and find dufus doing 45-50 in my lane,

It's not the design, it's not the speed, it's driver related. You can't fix stupidity, not even with duct tape.

75mph down the curve is fine for passenger cars and trucks (as long as they're not texting or something). But for loaded tractor/trailer rigs, it's too fast, steep and curvy. Most of those wrecks lately are trucks going down the hill the don't make the curve at the bottom. When trucks had slower speed limits than the rest of us, there weren't as many wrecks on that hill.

Back