possibly interesting developments

Warcat82

Six-man fan
I just heard from a fairly reliable source today that Centex Homeschool Chargers may possibly be dissolving this year and will not have a team... That is an incredible turn of events for a good team. I would be shocked if they let that happen, but apparently several of their key players have decided not to play anymore and several others are moving out of state so they don't think they'll have enough to form a team next year. I hope it's not true, but then again like I said it was a pretty reliable source that told me about it.

That would be a shame- The advantage/disadvantage of being with a Home School program is that up until registration wraps up, you just never know what is going to walk in the door!! Every year is a struggle...If you can get back your core, you leave it up to your guys to find enough players to round out a roster...

Well it was all but confirmed today that the Centex Chargers are only going to field a middle school team this year. Not only do the not have enough high school players, they also no longer have a coach to coach them... very sad turn of events for a pretty salty team over the last few years.

Yeah it is really sad for them... apparently the Athletic Director for CenTex has contacted all the schools they had on their schedule to let them know about the fact they will not have a high school team this season. It's sad for the kids and it's a shame that such a good team seems to be ending after it appeared they were on their way to being 11 man soon because they were consistently having 25-30 kids each year at the high school level...

If they concentrate effort at the JH level for a few years maybe it will allow them to build a system of which could be used to reclaim a high school team, good luck to them....

According to the TAIAO site Centex is going 11 man for middle school and dissolving their high school team. That is an interesting strategy in my opinion. Good luck to them, they have some good families there.

Glad to hear Centex Homeschool is now going to have a high school team... just found out yesterday they finally have enough for a team...

Back