Please only football talk.

Mr.6

Six-man fan
Please if everyone could take time to read this post…

Only thing that needs to be discussed on this site is X’s and O’s of six man football. No more drama, no more name calling.. etc… give your opinion on games and scores and season predictions and that’s about it. The way things keep going. Banning isn’t going to be enough, soon this site will be gone completely if folks don’t get it together. In my opinion I believe that is what drove Granger away from this site.. just my opinion.. I am a 2014 Milford graduate and I’ve enjoyed this site for a long time, just recently decided to make a page a few months ago. I really hope we can all come together as one and just talk six-man football and not all the drama…

Thanks,

While I definitely appreciate your support and trying to help keep things on track, let me put you at ease a little about the future of the site.

As far as I'm concerned, the site isn't going anywhere. I've been moderating and running forums for over 10 years now, and been a member here for some time, so none of this is anything new for me.

Also, while I don't like the drama anymore than you, I don't mind members disagreeing. Everyone can't always agree on everything. That said, when members resort to personal attacks, especially physical threats, that's where I have to draw a hard line. I think there are better ways to disagree without all that nonsense.

I enjoy a good discussion, personal opinions, points of view, good clean arguments, etc. Everyone has an opinion and that is good. But when the little click of two or three gets on and starts their lying and libelous slandering of people and programs, that’s just too much. They take a rumor, call it the truth, and run with it. Just to try to hurt someone they don’t like.

Personally, I would give the guilty parties a couple of chances to straighten up, verbal warning, then banishment.

Personally, I would give the guilty parties a couple of chances to straighten up, verbal warning, then banishment.

Just to be clear, just because a member is banned does not necessarily mean it's permanent. Most bans will be temporary so most members will get a second chance. That said, there will be some cases where a permanent ban may be necessary and those will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

Just to be clear, just because a member is banned does not necessarily mean it's permanent. Most bans will be temporary so most members will get a second chance. That said, there will be some cases where a permanent ban may be necessary and those will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Its true Johnny I’ve seen it happen. Not permanent. Came back and got banned again. Is it a week long ban or how exactly does the time frame work on that front.
Mike reading over the new rules in place. #9 to be exact. How often does the system check for multiple accounts. I have noticed a drop off in some members of past. They have become non-active. When they normally engage with the community here. If this is something that should be asked in private message apologies ahead. Just curious.

Is it a week long ban or how exactly does the time frame work on that front.

There aren't any specific times set in stone. I'd just say it'll be determined on a case-by-case basis and will depend on the severity of the member's actions and whether or not they'd been warned, or banned, before.

Mike reading over the new rules in place. #9 to be exact. How often does the system check for multiple accounts. I have noticed a drop off in some members of past. They have become non-active. When they normally engage with the community here. If this is something that should be asked in private message apologies ahead. Just curious.

I don't want to go too in depth on how duplicate accounts are detected but it's not something that happens in an instance. It's a bit more involved, with multiple things being looked at. Also, no action is taken automatically. In most cases one or both accounts will receive a PM to figure out how they'd like to handle it. Sometimes the accounts are simply merged into a single account and sometimes one of the accounts is disabled. Again, this is just something else that will happen on a case-by-case basis.

While there has been a bit of personal attacks, it has gotten worse lately. Seems to be the national and maybe global trend right now.

To quote Justice Sonya Sotomayor "I would, more often than not, trust the judgment of a" person from a 6-man community, "with the richness of their experience, than the judgement of" a person from a non-6 man community. From High Island to Sierra Blanca and Follett to Leakey, I think being a part of a 6-man football is a truly special experience. The ills of society will take root last in the most rural and isolated communities, which are the towns I am talking about.

I think Mike had it exactly right, let's agree to disagree without personal attacks. While you may not like Jerry Burkhart, Dewaine Lee, James Rigdon, or whoever else, let's remember that they, like the rest of us, our people with thoughts, feelings, emotions, and families who love them.

I'm sure we all know about the shooting in Uvalde, TX by now. Just keep in mind that three of the 6-man schools, Medina, Leakey, and Nucese Canyon, are from within an hourish of Uvalde. Hopefully, no one from this communities lost family or friends during that dastardly and cowardly shooting. Although the shooting is 10000% the shooters fault, local enforcement is saying said he did it because people bullied him. Why would anyone, especially the fine people of 6-man communities, want to contribute to someone else's misery?

I know the problems we deal with today are much bigger than this site. I probably cannot convince everyone to behave well. People are so irrational about their own kids, kids are not their bestselves in high school, and everyone wants to win the state championship. I get it. Let's try to express ourselves without personally attacking the other side.

Back