Please keep Caleb Tate in your prayers/Services 10/26

freeagent

Six-man pro
Just learned this evening that a former TAPPS all-stater from Seguin Lifegate, Caleb Tate, was seriously injured in a motorcycle/car accident in College Station today. Initial reports said he was in critical condition, he is in the ICU at the hospital.

Caleb, a 2011 grad from LCS, is a member of the A&M Corps of Cadets.

Please keep Caleb and his parents and family in your prayers tonight.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Thre ... vice=phone

Got an update on Caleb this morning ... still in critical condition on life support, but his heart is beating well. I believe brain injury is the major concern.

Your prayers for Caleb and his family are very much needed at this time.

John

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_0 ... f887a.html

’11 Lifegate grad critical after wreck
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:10 pm | Updated: 1:37 pm, Tue Oct 15, 2013.

By Felicia Frazar

COLLEGE STATION — A Lifegate grad and current Texas A&M student was seriously injured in a motorcycle wreck on Monday evening in College Station.

Caleb Tate, 20, of Seguin was thrown off a 2005 Victory Motorcycle after colliding with a 1999 Chrysler Sebring around 5:30 p.m. on Texas Avenue, said College Station police Lt. Chuck Fleeger.

It was reported that Tate was traveling north on Texas Avenue, when the Sebring, traveling southbound made a left turn in front of the motorcycle, Fleeger said..

“Witnesses indicated that both vehicles had solid green lights, as opposed to the southbound traffic having the protected green arrow,” he said. “At that point the vehicle pulled in front of the motorcycle and the motorcycle struck the passenger door of the car.”

Tate was not wearing a helmet, Fleeger said.

Tate was taken to College Station Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, Fleeger said. He was in intensive care on Monday afternoon, and was listed as in critical condition, according to a hospital spokesperson.

Both the driver and passenger of the Sebring were also taken to College Station Medical Center for treatment.

Tate was a standout three-sport athlete at Lfiegate, participating in football, basketball and track.

On the gridiron, Tate was named as one of the Gazette’s Area Players of the Year in 2009 along with teammates Austin Swick and Matt Akin. Tate also earned all-state recognition in football and was a part of the Falcons’ record-breaking 4x200-meter relay team at the TAPPS state track and field meet in 2011.

Caleb joined the saints in Heaven this afternoon as he was taken off life support. Family and friends, including his sister who lives in Wyoming (the Corps of Cadets arranged for a private plane to bring her to College Station) were on hand as they bid farewell for now to this young man.

Of course, services are pending. Please keep his parents, Robert and Darlene (I've referred to Robert as "Brother Robert the Second" on this board in the past) and his sister, Rebekah in your prayers as they deal with the loss of their son and brother and ask His great comforting to the family and many friends.

This is Homecoming week at Lifegate, it will certainly be a subdued affair as we remember and honor our friend and brother, Caleb, as he has the true Homecoming with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Had to share a facebook post by Cindy Rabon, Coach John Rabon's wife. John and Cindy, like many from Lifegate, drove the 150 miles to College Station to be with the Tate family on this difficult and sad day. There are at least a half a dozen Lifegate classmates that are also A&M students that were able to be at the hospital to comfort the Tate family on their arrival and throughout the last 24 hours, as well as I'm sure many of his fellow A&M Cadets.

Driving away from College Station, John and I can't believe we had to say good bye to a young man who was so full of life and so full of love for people.

John was amazed today, a young man approached him in the ICU waiting room and wanted to shake his hand. He told him that Caleb had written a paper on how Coach Rabon had inspired him.

John looked at me said, "All I know is that boy inspired me to be a better coach".

We're gonna miss you, Caleb.

Just a couple further notes ...

Funeral services for Caleb Tate are pending at Tres Hewell Mortuary in Seguin (www.treshewell.com), and there is a guest book for comments on site. I used to joke while announcing games -- Tres sponsors the coach's radio show each Friday on KWED radio -- that "the show is sponsored by Tres Hewell Mortuary, the official undertaker of the Lifegate Falcons." Guess I'll deep six that one for good (okay, I couldn't resist another undertaker joke).

With the events of the last 48 hours, I hope all will understand the family's delay in making arrangements. As I understand it, the family may still be in College Station and there are some ceremonies involving the A&M Corps of Cadets in the next day or so in memory of Caleb.

While out at school picking up my son today, I had a nice chat with a couple of the coaches who were at the hospital and they mentioned the many young people -- Caleb's classmates from Lifegate at A&M, members of the Corps, and even some of his high school opponents who came to offer prayers and support for Caleb and his family. This young man leaves many more behind who will remember him that belies his short time on this celestial ball.

Prayers from Magnolia are being sent for the Tate Family and also for the whole community at Lifegate.

I was fortunate enough to work with Caleb during the six man private school all star game his senior year. He was a joy to work with and played the game with passion and excitement. I also got to talk with him a couple of times after the all star game at some other sporting events and I realized that he lived the game of life with the same passion and excitement.

Matt Tarbutton
Athletic Director
Legacy Prep

I learned today that Caleb, in his death, gave the gift of life to a number of people. His heart, lungs, pancreas and both kidneys were donated and transplanted to others.

Services are still pending, I'm hearing Saturday, October 26th as a possible date. There is a Silver Taps ceremony tonight (Oct. 17) by the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M.

http://www.treshewell.com/fh/obituaries ... h_id=11345

Caleb Tate, age 20 of College Station and Seguin, passed away on October 15, 2013. Visitation will be held on Friday, October 25, 2013 at Tres Hewell Mortuary from 5 to 7 p.m. Funeral services will be conducted on Saturday, October 26, 2013 at First United Methodist Church, Seguin at 1:OO p.m. Interment will follow in the Dugger Cemetery.

A complete obituary and photograph will follow early next week.

Back