playoff venues

Depends on who you deal with ... do you want a turnkey deal (where the host provides the gate help, security, etc.) or do you just want to rent the facility.

I attended a 4A UIL playoff game at Heroes Stadium in San Antonio (one heck of a joint; Cuero vs Navarro, Att. 3800). Between the ticket sellers, ticket takers, folks doing security checks (yes, with wands) on both sides, field crew, PA crew, clock operators (with video scoreboard), and police, I'm guessing the paid help was close to 50-75 people. That doesn't count the concessions folks, whom were volunteers from various NEISD school booster clubs). I would expect that the cost for the facility was probably in the range of $10-$15,000. Refs probably got about $500-700 each for the night plus chain crew and clock operator.

olddawg86":2mmao97l said:
damn, well who pays jerry for att or does he get paid?

UIL pays for the state championship games at AT&T Stadium. All other playoff games are split by the school districts that rent it. A lot of Dallas area schools are now playing at The Star in Frisco. It's the Cowboys training facility modeled similar to Jerry's World.

To my understanding Frisco ISD plays at the Star for free, because of the money that City of Frisco threw at that place! Highland Park also plays there free of charge...must be nice that their QB is Jerry's grandson!!!

Back