Playoff Sites - Week 2 (November 23/24)

51eleven":2nof63ii said:
smokeyjoe53":2nof63ii said:
Old Bearkat":2nof63ii said:
smokeyjoe53":2nof63ii said:
Let me get my Tyler Etheridge Decoder Ring out and see if that makes this any more clear.................................

Speaking of Tyler Ethridge, what's he been doing the last 3-4 years?
I heard he was coaching at a private school in the Brownwood area. Not sure, I don't get around much anymore........... (Another obscure song reference)..........

MMMM, a tune's rattling around in my head, but......... Johnny Bush?
Duke Ellington. The Ink Spots also had it as a single.................................. I can't help it; I have a trivial mind...................

I know there are a lot of variables involved but I wonder why the WV/T-Rock game site is Early when Zephyr is 9-10 miles away and is a 6-man specific field. Seems like that would have been the place to play rather than on a 11 man field. Again, lots of variables and maybe Zephyr doesn't want to host a game but... whatever. I still think they should have played this game in Trent anyway.

Yeah, Early makes no sense whatsoever to me, either. Way out of the way for both teams. Granted, the size matches the historical median and has been used for playoffs before, but there are better choices that aren't so far out of the way. I guess the draw is that its relatively new (circa 2008)?

Tuscola is probably the optimal site - dead center between WV/Trock, capacity of 3500 (right near the historical median of 3000 for quarterfinals), and has been used for multiple 6-man playoff games in the past.

However, I'm with you, I'd rather see the game at Trent. It's also right in between both teams, new facilities (inc locker rooms), nice field, and designed for 6M.

WV Backer":h2nzzttf said:
I know there are a lot of variables involved but I wonder why the WV/T-Rock game site is Early when Zephyr is 9-10 miles away and is a 6-man specific field. Seems like that would have been the place to play rather than on a 11 man field. Again, lots of variables and maybe Zephyr doesn't want to host a game but... whatever. I still think they should have played this game in Trent anyway.
From what I understand, Trent's field is not for use this playoff season. Needs some work or is getting some work.

Back