Playing in AT&T stadium

I’m setting here at AT&T in my short sleeve shirt thinking about how lucky we are to be playing in this wonderful environment. Dry field, comfortable temperature, no wind, and all the luxuries you can imagine at a football game of any class/size. Anyone that wants to watch football outside in the winter needs to move to Green Bay or Chicago. Just waiting for Follett and Strawn to get this great four days started.

freeagent":2yddtyat said:
It would be nice if Fox Sports SW would carry the games live on cable and replay them a couple times over the holidays like they do with the crowded field games.

Is our benefactor and Guru, Granger, going to be on the online broadcast?

I am here in studio ready for the broadcast...

Games are on Fox Sports App (not Go app). Lots of agreement here with people at Fox SW about showing the games on TV, at least later like they do with 1A bball

Has attendance risen since moving to Arlington? It seems like more actual six-man fans would be able to travel to Abilene, but I would like to know.

Its not about you or the fans its about the kids and coaches. Im willing to bet my life that 99% of them would always choose to play in Jerrys world over a smaller venue! And even if it left why would you assume it should go back to West Texas? Fans and teams in East and South Texas spent years driving to West Texas now its your turn, so stop whining!

truthhurts17":jtx3x521 said:
Its not about you or the fans its about the kids and coaches. Im willing to bet my life that 99% of them would always choose to play in Jerrys world over a smaller venue! And even if it left why would you assume it should go back to West Texas? Fans and teams in East and South Texas spent years driving to West Texas now its your turn, so stop whining!

Abilene isn't even that far for most sixman schools in the east! Driving to Sanderson, Sierra, Blanca, Follett, McLean, or Dell City, and you will learn a new definition of "far."

I didn't realize that I was whining. I only asked a simple question. I only mentioned Abilene because it was there for so long, but if I remember correctly it was up to the coaches from the respective schools to choose the location, and Abilene was usually pretty close to a half-way point between the two schools. If a school was from East Texas, then another stadium could be chosen.

I think that AT&T is awesome, but it is certainly out of the way for pretty much all six-man schools. It also has a tendency to be a much more expensive trip for both schools and fans. Having all of the championship games in the same place has both advantages and disadvantages.

sinfonian":22igo8fr said:
I didn't realize that I was whining. I only asked a simple question. I only mentioned Abilene because it was there for so long, but if I remember correctly it was up to the coaches from the respective schools to choose the location, and Abilene was usually pretty close to a half-way point between the two schools. If a school was from East Texas, then another stadium could be chosen.

I think that AT&T is awesome, but it is certainly out of the way for pretty much all six-man schools. It also has a tendency to be a much more expensive trip for both schools and fans. Having all of the championship games in the same place has both advantages and disadvantages.

For sure! I would be all for Jerry World if the games weren't Wednesday during working hours! If they were on a weekend, I would go in a heartbeat; I have to imagine many parents are like that as well.

Just tried to watch on fox sports southwest but had make a account with them then it asked me to pick a tv provider, so I picked my direct tv, and tried to sign in their but it said I have no account , so now I’m listening through Tx 1A Fan. I don’t remember jumping through all these hoops last year.

Had to go back to work so couldn’t finish listening to the division 2 game, after messing around with it I realized you need a subscription to fox go just to be able to even watch it.

Unless they put it back to the way they had it 2017 will be the last time I watched the state games.

Back