Player of the year

Justluvthegame

Six-man fan
Congratulations to Grayson Rigdon 1.0 for not only being the 6man player of the year but also being the only freshman first or second team.

Congratulations to offensive and Defensive MVP’s as well as all others honored in both divisions today.

Congratulations to Grayson Rigdon 1.0 for not only being the 6man player of the year but also being the only freshman first or second team.

Congratulations to offensive and Defensive MVP’s as well as all others honored in both divisions today.
There may not have been any freshman on the 1st or 2nd team in division 2 but there were a few in division 1.

Abbott had
Paxton Pustejovsky Kicker 1st team
Riley Sustala Cornerback 2nd team
Joey Pavelka Newcomer of the year

Water Valley had
Tallon Hayes Linebacker 2nd team

Congrats guys!!!

Both divisions
There may not have been any freshman on the 1st or 2nd team in division 2 but there were a few in division 1.

Abbott had
Paxton Pustejovsky Kicker 1st team
Riley Sustala Cornerback 2nd team
Joey Pavelka Newcomer of the year

Water Valley had
Tallon Hayes Linebacker 2nd team

Congrats guys!!!
yes very impressive there too

A freshman? The kid is like 1.5 years older than other freshman lol
He is the same age as many freshman across the state, he is not a double hold back. Many parents start their kids a year later to allow them to mature. I did with all 3 of my girls and had no clue at 5 if they would be the best player in the state because of it.

Of your calculations make you feel better just say the player of the year was a Sophmore playing against a ton of Jr and Sr. That should make you feel better

I think the term freshman refers to what year of high school you are in rather than age. So yes… He could be 24 and technically still a freshman.
Which would be like a man among boys….I’ve seen his 8th grade basketball highlights and that’s exactly what it looked like. All I’m saying is it’s a little less impressive than a TRUE freshman that hasn’t physically matured like a held back kid with a fall birthday. Makes a big difference!

Yeah I played against a few that were 19 there Sr year (born after Sep 1).

I thought freshman were supposed to be 14 or 15 years old. I had 3 kids in my class that were 16 when they were freshman (mainly second semester). So yeah it happens and is common.

Stop taking away from the kid. He’s a freshman and the MVP.

There’s nothing out of the ordinary here age wise. He could play if he was 18 and a freshman. The only age rule that I know of is that if a student turns 19 before school starts, the student is ineligible. No matter if the student is a Freshman or a senior, when he is 19 before school starts, he is ineligible.

Last edited:
Not sure why all the drama about his age. There’s already rules in place so his classification doesn’t really matter. If he’s 19 before a certain date going into his last year he will be ineligible if he turns 19 after that cut off date he’s eligible simple as that. He’s a student athlete and a damn good one can’t we just congratulate him on that. All this other crap is just that.

He is the same age as many freshman across the state, he is not a double hold back. Many parents start their kids a year later to allow them to mature. I did with all 3 of my girls and had no clue at 5 if they would be the best player in the state because of it.

Of your calculations make you feel better just say the player of the year was a Sophmore playing against a ton of Jr and Sr. That should make you feel better
Nope most freshman are not 16!!

Back