Playbooks/Handouts

Justin Josselet

11-man fan
We have recently made the move to the six man ranks and are looking for any playbooks or strategy documents that anyone would be willing to share. We have the book by C.H. Underwood, but are interested in obtaining as much info as possible as we try to learn the game before next season. Any help would be greatly appreciated. PM or e-mail me if you have anything or know of someone would be willing to share their information with us.

Thanks again,
Justin Josselet

[email protected]

We are planning on going to the 6 man coaching school in Lubbock, but being where we are the closest clinic is in Richland Springs which is almost 400 miles away. Our school has a budget for clinics, etc., but for the most part we will have to pay for our own way to the clinics. With the circumstances as they are, we were just wondering if someone had some stuff handy that they could e-mail or mail to us that would help us with the learning curve. We will probably try to contact some local coaches a little bit later in the spring to see if we can come visit, but in the mean time, thought I would see if anybody might have some useful stuff they could send us.

Since you brought up $,
consider purchasing a set of the clinic DVD'S
from the Seguin bunch.
They always have a quality bunch speaking/training out there.
Very reasonably priced
and then you'd have them for future reference.
It would solve your travel to a clinic problem.

And,
If all I had was the green book and sweep R and sweep L,
I'd feel pretty prepared.
It's still just football.
Don't overthink this thing first year back in.
jus sayin'.

Dogface":6fklhap8 said:
Since you brought up $,
consider purchasing a set of the clinic DVD'S
from the Seguin bunch.
They always have a quality bunch speaking/training out there.
Very reasonably priced
and then you'd have them for future reference.
It would solve your travel to a clinic problem.

And,
If all I had was the green book and sweep R and sweep L,
I'd feel pretty prepared.
It's still just football.
Don't overthink this thing first year back in.
jus sayin'.

Thanks, Dog ... by the way, just got an email from the folks that duplicate our DVD's. They're gonna be here by Thursday ... maybe tomorrow. Want info, just send a PM with your email ...

Just a thought. Schedule your alloted spring practice time as late as possible. Go to another school's spring practices not too far away and observe (approch the HC 1st of course), ask a FEW questions before you practice (if it's a rival/the coach says no, use binoculars from a nearby hidden location,forget the questions - hey they do it in college & the pro's, this is Texas HS FB).
Second thought, go to Lubbock a day early. You'll be oriented when it starts if you check it all out ahead of time. A few other coaches (the speakers?) might get there the night before.
You might get a chance to buy them supper or a soda for an introduction/a word of advice.

Justin Josselet:

I played 6 Man Football in Va. in the mid 1950's. We were ranked #2 Nationally in 1953. I still have our playbooks from that period, but they might be out of date (I haven't SEEN a 6 Man Game since then).

We used material from an annual nation publication on 6-Man Football (in those days), & a book called "Six Man Football" by Ray Duncan. It was an excellent text.

If you are interested in any of this "old history", contact me at: [email protected]

PS: I coached 11 man football for over 40 years (HS, College, & Pro).

The cover pics are hilarious.
That's like thinking
you can just put out your arm
to stop/protect yourself
during a front end collision in your car.
As a collector item it looks awesome!

Back