Petey Salaiz found dead

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
I have no other details or verification, but I was sent an e-mail stating he was found dead in an Austin-area motel Friday. If true, this is extremely sad.

so sad to hear this...

I want to share a Petey story....

We played them in 1995 bi-district when I was in 8th grade and I was the filmer for the HS team. It was Petey's senior season and he was being played up big time as he closed in on 10,000 yards rushing. He was a great RB, but we had a good game plan and bottled him up best we could but the Mullin QB and another huge guy (name escapes me right now but an all-star) killed us. After the game I gave my hat to our best looking cheerleader and asked her to go down and get #6 from Mullin to sign my cap and she did and when word got out I was harassed a little bit for doing that...but I still have it and dont regret it.

Also we had a huge sign made up that said "Petey Who?" that was hung in front of the bleachers and when Petey scored the Mullin cheerleaders and fans chanted "Petey Who...Pete Salaiz" over and over

Leman, perhaps Charlie Smith? When Charlie played in All-Star game, Guthrie had kid who got hurt when he hit Miles in practice. He told everyone he came to put Miles on his butt. I asked Charlie if that was his goal and he laughed and he said he had had all he wanted of Miles. Ha

High Drifter":1vo4qv5l said:
Leman, perhaps Charlie Smith? When Charlie played in All-Star game, Guthrie had kid who got hurt when he hit Miles in practice. He told everyone he came to put Miles on his butt. I asked Charlie if that was his goal and he laughed and he said he had had all he wanted of Miles. Ha

ya that was the guy

so sad to hear this...

I want to share a Petey story....

We played them in 1995 bi-district when I was in 8th grade and I was the filmer for the HS team. It was Petey's senior season and he was being played up big time as he closed in on 10,000 yards rushing. He was a great RB, but we had a good game plan and bottled him up best we could but the Mullin QB and another huge guy (name escapes me right now but an all-star) killed us. After the game I gave my hat to our best looking cheerleader and asked her to go down and get #6 from Mullin to sign my cap and she did and when word got out I was harassed a little bit for doing that...but I still have it and dont regret it.

Also we had a huge sign made up that said "Petey Who?" that was hung in front of the bleachers and when Petey scored the Mullin cheerleaders and fans chanted "Petey Who...Pete Salaiz" over and over
Hello, I just wanted to thank you for sharing this story.. he's my uncle my moms brother and today's his birthday so it was really nice coming across this today.. thank you so much 💞💞

Back