Past Powers - Can They Rebuild What They Had?

Pdevitt13

Six-man expert
Pretty self explanatory topic...

Can some of the powers of the 80s, 90s, and 00s return to their old glory days?

Examples Fort Hancock, Cherokee, Panther Creek, Marathon, and Trinidad

What do you all think?

My guess is that only one of the above mentioned could possibly return to greatness. That would be Cherokee.
The reason that they could is “The Home”.
The drawback is, they probably won’t be able to talk Coach Maddox into coming out of retirement!

Last edited:
Pretty self explanatory topic...

Can some of the powers of the 80s, 90s, and 00s return to their old glory days?

Examples Fort Hancock, Cherokee, Panther Creek, Marathon, and Trinidad

What do you all think?
Fort Hancock won't, because last I knew they had 11-man numbers and play outlaw. Could be wrong on that, but that's the last I heard when I was way out west. Marathon doesn't have the kids, and the field needs a lot of work. When I talk to people from there, the hope of returning a football program is gone. Panther Creek is very low on numbers, or they were last time I spoke to someone from there. As far as Trinidad, no clue. Cherokee is tough every year. I feel like they have a shot at a deep run this year. But then again, my sixman expertise runs about as deep as Kickapoo Creek.

Marathon hasn't even played in like 10+ years!

I forgot about Trindad. Do they just not make the playoffs?

I agree with Jsouth and MauryP about Panther Creek.

Cherokee is in a completely different situation. Not only do I think it is possible they return to power, they might be the favorite to win the East in D2 if they can beat Richland Springs. In fact, I think Rochelle, in the same district, has a chance as well.

Fort Hancock listed as 127, has their been a decline or growth since their jump to 2A?

Seems like they could be back in 6 man someday for good.

Back