Panther Creeek

fajitapete

Six-man fan
Panther Creek ISD, team mascot, the Panther. In my warped mind they should have chosen the Bobcats, Bulldogs or maybe the Pirates. Confuse the audience, shake things up.

The C-Stand at Panther field is run by the FFA. Yep, Future Farmers of America. See, a little shake up is a good thing. Located on the north end of the field, equal distance from both stands, looks like standard Friday night football fare. The grill smoke from the burgers cooking was sooooo good, almost bought me one.

But, I maned up and remembered I am there to check out the Frito Pies. They got em, and priced a easy on the wallet two bucks. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. Standard chips, nacho cheese, and I swear it was Wolf brand chunky chili, you know, the good stuff.

If you wanted to dress it up you had to be creative, ease over to the burger dressing area and help yourself to some jalapeño slices, dig out a few slices of onions and that’s as good as it’s going to get.

An A-minus at best, somewhat tasty but nothing to write home about. Kudo’s to the young lady serving it up, she admitted the chili wasn’t really hot so she nuked the boat and I was ready to rock.

Game was a short one, I drove almost four hours to check out the pie and found myself back on the road before Eight. Backup plan was to try to catch a second pie at either the Zephyr or Mullen. If one of Early’s finest hadn’t been bored and pulled me over for making a lane change without signaling I would have made it.

As it was, the lights were on, but nobody was home, no pie for me.

Looking to get up in the panhandle soon, heard about a lot of good pies up there.

Stay safe, support the C-stands and eat Frito pie

Old Bearkat":13zcwj98 said:
What did the ticket cost you? Just curious.......
NADA, first thing you do is make sure they see your military retired ID then the CHL license.

Got another warning, only cost tome was the 15-20 mins the stop took.

51eleven":1jz9roi3 said:
Cool weather coming. Time for home made chili with plenty left over for a pie.
I’m cooking 12 or so pounds of chili up on the 23rd for a get together....... hope I have a little leftover to take home...........

smokeyjoe53":lravowvh said:
51eleven":lravowvh said:
Cool weather coming. Time for home made chili with plenty left over for a pie.
I’m cooking 12 or so pounds of chili up on the 23rd for a get together....... hope I have a little leftover to take home...........

Why Smokey, thank you for the invite. Where's this shindig gonna be held? Are Fajita Pete and Cowboy Parks invited too? Should we bring our own bowl and spoon?

I guess Guru and Leman have already RSVP'd.

Sure 5111, come on. It’ll be at the Methodist church in San Saba. You’ll enjoy all the little ankle biters in their Halloween getups. They might even let you decorate a pumpkin......

FCSA football":13qa389f said:
I really enjoy this thread. Lightens things up, plus valuable info! Always looking for good food!
Along that vein, if you happen to be in or around Lamesa, the Texas Finest Cafe has a really god CFS. Real mashed potatoes and the DSW said the green beans were very good. Kind of a small place that looks to be part of a motel but really good food.........

Back