One or two scrimmages?

Cgaplions

Six-man fan
From what I’ve read and heard they will only allow one scrimmage before the season, the week of August 20-22? Can someone clarify this?

shootthrees":2kopusnc said:
Its on the UIL updated Football calendar. It eliminated the first scrimmage.

Well, if you look at the calendar, the week of 8/3 is repeated the week of 8/10 - both have first day of full contact starting on 8/7, then again on 8/14. Could be that UIL anticipated starting on 8/10 and only had 1 scrimmage before Week 1 Games. Won't know until UIL either makes an announcement or corrects its calendar.

jsdesqtx":1o01it7i said:
shootthrees":1o01it7i said:
Its on the UIL updated Football calendar. It eliminated the first scrimmage.

Well, if you look at the calendar, the week of 8/3 is repeated the week of 8/10 - both have first day of full contact starting on 8/7, then again on 8/14. Could be that UIL anticipated starting on 8/10 and only had 1 scrimmage before Week 1 Games. Won't know until UIL either makes an announcement or corrects its calendar.

When you click on the calendar, it states that schools who offered strength and conditioning since July 20th may begin the acclimation period on August 3rd. Schools who have not, will have to go by strength and condition regulations the first week, then begin the acclimation period on August 10th. Could be why they pushed the start of scrimmages to August 19, 20, 21.

Back