Oh if I could live in any six man town, it would be...

topher80

11-man fan
I'm a sucker for rankings at this time of year.

My Top 3...

I'm saying Fort Davis for the Big Bend Mountains, Follett because of it's remoteness (you gotta remember I live in an area almost as populated as D-FW), and Aquilla because I want to be taught the way of the orange mohawk.

I too would place Ft. Davis at the top of my list followed by Silverton so I could receive expert financial advise. Realistically I would not care to relocate since I am strategically located between 2 sixman powers although one has been in decline the last few years. Besides I have my obligations to HHR&WPC&SWW to fulfill.

My hair is getting real thin in the front. Move down here and you can become the new "Man with the Orange Mohawk". I will teach you everything you need to know...

Dogface":yp1qd6wl said:
I already live in both
of the best 6man towns.
jus sayin'.
Doggie always gives us hints of his whereabouts but then leaves us hanging... "part of the fun is the not knowing"

CowboyP":1u7x7g7a said:
My hair is getting real thin in the front. Move down here and you can become the new "Man with the Orange Mohawk". I will teach you everything you need to know...
We noticed the thinning in the pic Cowboy :)

topher80":2up95h0m said:
I'm a sucker for rankings at this time of year.

My Top 3...

I'm saying Fort Davis for the Big Bend Mountains, Follett because of it's remoteness (you gotta remember I live in an area almost as populated as D-FW), and Aquilla because I want to be taught the way of the orange mohawk.

You don't think that Ft Davis is remote enough?

CowboyP":2qta9egj said:
ryry":2qta9egj said:
CowboyP":2qta9egj said:
You don't have to rub it in!

What you talking about Willis? Cowboy has lots of hair.

oldfat&bald":eecbzsek said:
CowboyP":eecbzsek said:
ryry":eecbzsek said:
CowboyP":eecbzsek said:
You don't have to rub it in!

What you talking about Willis? Cowboy has lots of hair.
Compared to you I do!

oldfat&bald":3t9gm2po said:

Nah, most Texans know the Big Bend and the McDonald Observatory. Ask someone who was born and raised in Dallas where Follett is and you'll more than likely get a blank stare. Or so I guess... what the hell do I know? I started this thread to try and sniff Goob out.

CowboyP":29uydj43 said:

You forgot to add "grasshopper".

topher80":i9bche0a said:
oldfat&bald":i9bche0a said:

Nah, most Texans know the Big Bend and the McDonald Observatory. Ask someone who was born and raised in Dallas where Follett is and you'll more than likely get a blank stare. Or so I guess... what the hell do I know? I started this thread to try and sniff Goob out.

The same could be said for Darrouzett, Miami, Balmorhea, or just about any of the six man towns....

I have lived in Strawn and eating at Mary's Cafe is definitely a reason to live there. Most of the DFW metroplex eats there at least once a month. The new state park coming soon to the Strawn area would be another drawing card, get to see a few deer, cactus, mesquite and large rock formations that you haven't seen before. Gordon doesn't have the great eating places. Fort Davis has one good cafe that I have visited and the nights get really cool.

Definitely Ft. Davis. The proximity of McDonalds, the State Park and the historic fort ruins only sweeten the the deal (especially McDonalds and may I take this opportunity to say "CURSE YOU CLOUD COVER").

And if you want remote why not go with Sanderson? Even if people know where it is, it's not like anyone is going to bother to drive there.

(important historical note: it was the Sanderson 6 man football team that introduced me to and first got me excited about 6 man football - long before my baby sister married a 6-man football coach)

Back