Oakwood Vs Calvert

MilfordInsider

Six-man fan
I think this is the biggest 1st round game. Calvert and Oakwood both have great athletes and I'm sure this one will be exciting to watch. I'm taking our District Foe Oakwood +2.

I think this should be one of the better first round games.
The sad part is there will be teams in the second round that are not nearly as good as either of these teams.

Shad Kline":1udhvtv8 said:
tdog5344":1udhvtv8 said:
A few really good teams will be gone Friday
A few really good teams are gone already, namely White Deer.[/quote

Yes whitedeer was a good team but not good enough or they would be playing instead of mclean. Says alot for how tough that district was.. not current rankings but # 1, #2, #3, #5, AND #6 IN THE STATE IN D1all from the panhandle and 3 from the same district

Yep! Sorry for the hijack lol. Great game by both teams! Oakwood played a near perfect second half to pull off the upset. Oakwood is playing really good football at the right time

Calvert had a few untimely injuries and an ejection by one of their top players. Oakwood was the more physical team and wanted it more. Bad play calling on both sides of the ball

Old76er":1awib0xe said:
Calvert had a few untimely injuries and an ejection by one of their top players. Oakwood was the more physical team and wanted it more. Bad play calling on both sides of the ball

I don't know the new Calvert guy, but the Oakwood coach is very good and knows how to "play call." I don't guess you'd be interested in coaching a team and taking him on, now would you?

Exciting game from the opening kick off. Calvert completely ran out of gas. #1, and #4 carried the load for the Trojans. #10 put Oakwood on his back in the 2nd half. Great game, great season Calvert, and Good luck to Oakwood.

Back