Novice Midnight Madness

Coach B Jackson

11-man fan
I was very pleased with the way the boys have worked this week I have 11 outsanding young men this year. They have put forth so much effort in just the last few days, and will be greatly rewarded this year for thier efforts. Last night midnight madness was just icing on the cake. A good size crowd came to support the boys and really helped them be focused on why they play this game and what it means to set the standard. I will also add that the post practice meal of FRITO PIE was quite tasty not sure if it was to the mamma jackson standard but we will have to let fajita pete be the judge one day.

Coach B Jackson wrote:
> I was very pleased with the way the boys have worked this week I have 11
> outsanding young men this year. They have put forth so much effort in just
> the last few days, and will be greatly rewarded this year for thier
> efforts. Last night midnight madness was just icing on the cake. A good
> size crowd came to support the boys and really helped them be focused on
> why they play this game and what it means to set the standard. I will also
> add that the post practice meal of FRITO PIE was quite tasty not sure if it
> was to the mamma jackson standard but we will have to let fajita pete be
> the judge one day.

They your players I will be there for your first game, and I plan on a frito pie from the Paint Creek C-Stand. First official frito pie report of the year!!!!

Wonder if there are any great eating places near Paint Creek?

I still don't know whether or not I can attend the game - won't know until probably the start of school here - Sarah's in the marching band - I think the Jr High games are on Thursday nights but there is some rumour about them needing to be available for the high school games on Friday. Band clinic starts for her today, 2 weeks of 5:30 to 8:30 practice and at the end of it we'll know what her schedule will be.

So what time is kick-off? I.E. how early do I have to pull the girls out of school to make sure we get to the game in time? I'm guessing 3.5 to 4 hours to get there.

smokeyjoe53 wrote:
> fajitapete wrote:
> "Wonder if there are any great eating places near Paint Creek?"
>
> Short answer? Nope

Bring a grill and pop a Bambi on the way to the game.........

Old Bearkat wrote:
Bring a grill and pop a Bambi on the way to the game.........

As hot as it is you don't even need the grill....

The favorite grill of the oil patch. Throw some meat in a double foil pack throw in a chopped onion and some bbq sauce, put iit on the manifold and wait till noon........

Back in the day of Ghengis Khan, the Mongol horsemen would place cuts of meat under their mount's saddles. The heat generated would cook the meat somewhat and I suppose there was no need to apply salt.
Sounds delicious, right? I think I might have seen the same preparation techniques used at some of our local fine dining establishments.

Ah - Mongol MultiTasking at its finest.

I read a history of Ghengis Khan entitled "The Daughters of Ghengis Khan" and was impressed at his political astuteness. Unlike most other "world conquerors" in ancient history he actually managed to hang on to what he conquered and his empire lasted several generations after his death.

But back to a more important topic. Popping Bambi., Pete how does it look up on the ranch with the heat and the drought? The reason I as is Anne saw a dead cow lying out in the field on her way back from John's and then on the news we saw a report of cows dropping dead in the field up around Pecos ... made me think of how stressed the deer must be right now. Poor hunting this season I fear.

Sissylue":ftef0lhl said:
Ah - Mongol MultiTasking at its finest.

I read a history of Ghengis Khan entitled "The Daughters of Ghengis Khan" and was impressed at his political astuteness. Unlike most other "world conquerors" in ancient history he actually managed to hang on to what he conquered and his empire lasted several generations after his death.

But back to a more important topic. Popping Bambi., Pete how does it look up on the ranch with the heat and the drought? The reason I as is Anne saw a dead cow lying out in the field on her way back from John's and then on the news we saw a report of cows dropping dead in the field up around Pecos ... made me think of how stressed the deer must be right now. Poor hunting this season I fear.
Yes, old Ghengis had some bad PR. The only difference between a buzzard and an eagle is good PR.

Doesn't look to good for hunting this year.
TP&W has reported on almost 100% fawn mortality in most of the panhandle.
I haven't seen many deer at all this year
Scary part is that they are coming to water just like a cow.

Any way you can increase the artificial water sources available for them without going broke?

And yes GK apparently got bad press in the west; The actual historical accounts and records reflect him to be fairly tolerant (if he didn't have to kill you) and an absolutely brilliant administrator. One of the more interesting tidbits as to why he got such bad press in the west is because of the intense antagonism from the Muslim areas/provinces he conquered. While there were extensive records kept about his campaigns/empire and day-to-say rule, almost all of these records in the middle east (west) were destroyed by the Muslims who then "rewrote" history. Fortunately copies of the daily maintained records and accounts were preserved in the Far East. The source of the animosity, above and beyond the getting conquered part for the Muslim countries, was that GK put his daughters and daughters-in-law (his sons and sons-in law were out running with the horde) in charge of actually running the various provinces/tribed while he and the horde were out conquering. Muslims apparently found this extraordinarily offensive. Insult to injury as it were.

Coach Jackson, really tried to make the opening game (and quite sorry I didn't). Truck was overloaded with trout taken from Diablo canyon on the Canejos river. Was just limping into Tucumcari when the game started.

From the reports on the game, sounds like you got your men on track for a successful season. Now if I can get Fajita to pick me up on the way to the next, we'll get the season going.

BTW, I'm not sure if the postings are a recommendation that you recruit a Ghengis Kahn or if your supposed to feed your team a pre-game meal of horse seasoned steaks

Back