Newby

I just read that 0bama just sat for the first ever 3D portrait of a President. This was necessary to portray him talking out of both sides of his face..............

I was up all night last night thinking about why "defense" isn't spelled with a c instead of an s. I think it looks better with a c.

And OAN, I don't know much about the rules around here but are we not allowed to talk about anything but the particular topic in a particular thread?

ol' gus":ti5ypxrp said:
I was up all night last night thinking about why "defense" isn't spelled with a c instead of an s. I think it looks better with a c.

And OAN, I don't know much about the rules around here but are we not allowed to talk about anything but the particular topic in a particular thread?

1. Britain broke with continental spelling conventions, but America kept some. "-se" was considered "too French," after the 7-Years War. But since they were our allies during the First American Revolution, we kept the spelling. Oddly enough, for words like "colour" and "honour," the opposite thing happened, where Britain kept the French spelling, but Americans dropped the "high-flutin" letter "u" in favor of the Latin forms of the words.

2. Newby is specifically designed to withstand multiple subject changes from post-to-post...or within a post. Look! a squirrel!

TexianDoc

ol' gus":1bgyzums said:

Some here find thread hijacking a troublesome, if not uncivil, activity. Some will get plumb angry about it.

Often you will see a thread get hijacked because it just reaches a level of silliness that calls for it. You know, when "my team is better than yours" turns into "your momma is fat."

Most of consider a good thread hijacking anywhere from mildly entertaining to high art. Just leave the coaches threads alone. The ones where they're looking for games and stuff like that. Them guys are too busy to put up with our crap.

And, as OBK often reminds us, keep your posts rated PG.

ol' gus":1jah0e3y said:

We try, but some break training, dont we Smokey and Doc wee wee.

I don't know much about anything but I really haven't seen a lot of posts about richland springs on the newby thread. why would someone call this richlandspringsfootballdotcom?

and,I hope this site isn't the kind of place where if you disagree with someone they'll contact your employer and tel a bunch of lies about you, is it?

Wouldn't be found here in newby, we keep the football talk over on the football threads. Newby is where u prop up ur feet and buy your buddy a beer, even them RS fellas. Don't matter if you done had an altercation elsewhere on the board.

I wouldn't worry about anybody contacting your employer............. most of us on here can't even spell employer........... we have trouble with "boss"..........

ol' gus":3ozsp7hj said:
I hope this site isn't the kind of place where if you disagree with someone they'll contact your employer and tel a bunch of lies about you, is it?

The most outlandish lie someone could tell wouldn't hold a candle to the truth about most of this bunch.

Surgery is over and I am in my easy chair for a while.
Entertain me, just remember don't hold me responsible for what I post on here,
doc gave me some pretty good pain meds.

Back