New turf

It is beautiful and the way to go in West Texas these days between both the water table and cost of watering grass fields. The pictures made me wonder how many are left West of say Throckmorton, May, Richland Springs?

The picture of the home stands caught my eye. They look really high for a sixman field. Great view from the top several rows I imagine. But they don't look that wide. From the 30 yard line to the other 30? It got me to wondering. Strawn's stands are maybe half that tall, but I thought stretch from the 25 or 20 to each end. Then I thought Gordon's are almost that long but even taller than ours. What are the capacities of these stadiums?

So I went to Texas Bob. I know people still hang on the fence, as I have, everywhere and back in pickups with lawn chairs or watch from the cabs of pickups on the West end of Strawn's home side and the West endzone at Gordon. Not sure about Westbrook. Anyway, TB's says Strawn 800, Gordon 1400, Westbrook 575. Were the home stands enlarged? It looks like a playoff field. Is that still the capacity for a D1 2X State Champ? No disrespect intended in any way. Just asking. Again, the field does look awesome.

It is beautiful and the way to go in West Texas these days between both the water table and cost of watering grass fields. The pictures made me wonder how many are left West of say Throckmorton, May, Richland Springs?

The picture of the home stands caught my eye. They look really high for a sixman field. Great view from the top several rows I imagine. But they don't look that wide. From the 30 yard line to the other 30? It got me to wondering. Strawn's stands are maybe half that tall, but I thought stretch from the 25 or 20 to each end. Then I thought Gordon's are almost that long but even taller than ours. What are the capacities of these stadiums?

So I went to Texas Bob. I know people still hang on the fence, as I have, everywhere and back in pickups with lawn chairs or watch from the cabs of pickups on the West end of Strawn's home side and the West endzone at Gordon. Not sure about Westbrook. Anyway, TB's says Strawn 800, Gordon 1400, Westbrook 575. Were the home stands enlarged? It looks like a playoff field. Is that still the capacity for a D1 2X State Champ? No disrespect intended in any way. Just asking. Again, the field does look awesome.
The way our field sets up people back in right up to the fence and we have picnic tables as well so people sit all over the place .

If you have plenty of water like Loraine has, it may be better to go with real grass. Easier to re-seed than to replace every 10 years. Looks good until frost.

Back