new to 6man football

Craig88

Six-man fan
Hello, I am new to 6 man football and need any advice anyone can give me. My school has not hired a head coach yet and are being very picky because the previous coach was let go because of (multiple issues) serviced. I do not have any experience coaching but will be coaching this year as of last year just a teacher. I have been studying some youtube videos and in the process of creating a firstdownplay.com book using simple draws, counters, tosses, sweeps, I know from 12 man. I like the west coast offence used in the NFL. Can that be used in the 6 man game? zone reads, short passing, etc... I want to prepare because I can see my school telling me I am the head coach next year so I need to prepared. Anything will be very helpful.

I would recommend that you try to attend the coaching clinic in Wichita Falls this summer that is put on by the Texas Sixman Coaches Association. There are chalk talks where coaches give in depth explanations of how they install their offenses.

I was in your situation last year.
There is no paid information I could find on Champ Coach or Coaches Choice. There is an annual clinic - mentioned above. Sometimes you can buy the clinic videos from past. They are helpful.
There is a book on 6 man called or known as the "Green book" that has a lot of information. I can't find it and can't remember the name. Its green I think. I remember seeing the cover. Someone here probably knows the name - I lost the name.
Glazier clinic online does has some six man. I found it useful.
Conditioning of players is key - to me the game seemed like high school spread Run left, pass right, make defense run.
Tackling in open space is key. A defense that bends but doesn't break is great. Turnovers are huge since it can be difficult to stop offense.
Special teams for me was huge since XP kicks were two points in my league and its hard to do - operation time is less than 11man high school xp but I was fortunate with smart kids and three snappers with OP time of 1.35 in middle school.

Glazier Online
Worldcat.org for a book search then buy it on amazon
TX Six man clinics - really good.
Get a coach to talk to you that you don't play for advice
Learn to tackle in space
Learn to stalk block
Atavas Tackling
https://highandtight.com/pages/comprehensive-training-system

This is from Coach Murray. No talking here but if you study the video and read what he writes you will be way ahead.EXCELLENT

Cone drills 1

WR Catch Stationary drills 2

WR Catch Moving 3

WR Route drills 4

WR Release drills 5

WR Contact drills 6

WR Blocking Drills 7

I was in your situation last year.
There is no paid information I could find on Champ Coach or Coaches Choice. There is an annual clinic - mentioned above. Sometimes you can buy the clinic videos from past. They are helpful.
There is a book on 6 man called or known as the "Green book" that has a lot of information. I can't find it and can't remember the name. Its green I think. I remember seeing the cover. Someone here probably knows the name - I lost the name.
Glazier clinic online does has some six man. I found it useful.
Conditioning of players is key - to me the game seemed like high school spread Run left, pass right, make defense run.
Tackling in open space is key. A defense that bends but doesn't break is great. Turnovers are huge since it can be difficult to stop offense.
Special teams for me was huge since XP kicks were two points in my league and its hard to do - operation time is less than 11man high school xp but I was fortunate with smart kids and three snappers with OP time of 1.35 in middle school.

Glazier Online
Worldcat.org for a book search then buy it on amazon
TX Six man clinics - really good.
Get a coach to talk to you that you don't play for advice
Learn to tackle in space
Learn to stalk block
Atavas Tackling
https://highandtight.com/pages/comprehensive-training-system

This is from Coach Murray. No talking here but if you study the video and read what he writes you will be way ahead.EXCELLENT

Cone drills 1

WR Catch Stationary drills 2

WR Catch Moving 3

WR Route drills 4

WR Release drills 5

WR Contact drills 6

WR Blocking Drills 7
Thank you for these videos. I have been watching older six man videos on youtube. Sixmania Media game film. This has helped a lot.

Back