New six-man coach looking for info

BuckBronco

Six-man observer
I am a former 11 man football player and coach, high school and college, also coached 8 man football, coaching 6 man football starting next year at a small HS in Texas, looking for some spread offensives and J bird playbooks and any other available playbooks, understand many differences in six man football, adapting and remaining flexible to change and insightful suggestions. Please refer sources or references to any J playbooks, your time and consideration is greatly appreciated. Can fully resonate with the famous line from the movie from yesteryear, "Top Gun", when Maverick said this catchphase, "I feel the need, the need for speed", as I comtemplate the coaching the wide open six man football game , I indeed feel the need for speed, and allowing the horizonal and vertical stretch to become my friend friend and ally, and the defense's worst enemy!

Sounds like you have what it takes already.
Perhaps make your main focus developing at least 3 athletes physically until they run a 4ish second 40?
Until then, will it really matter what plays y'all run?
Remember Vince Lombardi only had 6 plays but ran them to perfection. Good luck.

I copied this from another thread for a post I made. Brent Goleman formerly from Bastrop Tribe perfected the O'Brien Wing offense winning many State Championships.

The key for the O'Brien Wing is the lead snap and the Quarterback quickly getting his eyes on the Fullback. The blocking is the same as the old Wing T Sweep from 11 man with two pulling guards and play side linemen blocking down. The two guards are the Fullback and Quarterback. The QB has to read the block of the Fullback. The center can block backside, but, may also just release to the outside as a receiver. Here is what I got from him and put into my terms: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11DuTxHzBdGm1mCyO317_J1QT0MquRrCh?usp=sharing

Start with the video at the bottom of the folder from a clinic where Coach G explains the offense.

I also added some defensive files.

A good resource, that is available occasionally on Amazon, is CH Underwood's Sixman Football book.

I copied this from another thread for a post I made. Brent Goleman formerly from Bastrop Tribe perfected the O'Brien Wing offense winning many State Championships.

The key for the O'Brien Wing is the lead snap and the Quarterback quickly getting his eyes on the Fullback. The blocking is the same as the old Wing T Sweep from 11 man with two pulling guards and play side linemen blocking down. The two guards are the Fullback and Quarterback. The QB has to read the block of the Fullback. The center can block backside, but, may also just release to the outside as a receiver. Here is what I got from him and put into my terms: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11DuTxHzBdGm1mCyO317_J1QT0MquRrCh?usp=sharing

Start with the video at the bottom of the folder from a clinic where Coach G explains the offense.

I also added some defensive files.

A good resource, that is available occasionally on Amazon, is CH Underwood's Sixman Football book.
Awesome stuff, thanks for your post!

I am a former 11 man football player and coach, high school and college, also coached 8 man football, coaching 6 man football starting next year at a small HS in Texas, looking for some spread offensives and J bird playbooks and any other available playbooks, understand many differences in six man football, adapting and remaining flexible to change and insightful suggestions. Please refer sources or references to any J playbooks, your time and consideration is greatly appreciated. Can fully resonate with the famous line from the movie from yesteryear, "Top Gun", when Maverick said this catchphase, "I feel the need, the need for speed", as I comtemplate the coaching the wide open six man football game , I indeed feel the need for speed, and allowing the horizonal and vertical stretch to become my friend friend and ally, and the defense's worst enemy!
I know a thing or two about those offenses. I can help.

- Tyler Ethridge

Back