New Single Game PAT Record - 14/14 Matteo Schwettling, Benjamin

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
I would like to point out that Benjamin's Matteo Schwettling was 14/14 kicking PATs tonight in a point scoring affair vs Newcastle...that's a new single game record breaking 12/12 by Richland Springs' Jared Martin and Leverett's Chapels Alex Castillo...

I will add that 28 points was what Benjamin ended up winning by and Newcastle scored on the last play of the game and didnt get to attempt a PAT

Kickers dont get enough praise so wanted to congratulate him on his record breaking performance

I would like to point out that Benjamin's Matteo Schwettling was 14/14 kicking PATs tonight in a point scoring affair vs Newcastle...that's a new single game record breaking 12/12 by Richland Springs' Jared Martin and Leverett's Chapels Alex Castillo...

I will add that 28 points was what Benjamin ended up winning by and Newcastle scored on the last play of the game and didnt get to attempt a PAT

Kickers dont get enough praise so wanted to congratulate him on his record breaking performance
Something that won’t show up for him is his kickoffs. That kid put nearly every kick right in the corner of the end zone and out of bounds. The few that he didn’t get into the end zone only missed by a foot or so. Definitely a weapon to have that kind of consistency!

Congratulation's to Schwettling. Without him Benjamin would have been tied. Overtime in a shootout.
Newcastle scored 20 in the 1st quarter 22 in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and 20 in the 4th quarter Going by that they should have scored 24 points in all quarters if they had made all their extra point kicks making their score 96 and Benjamin winning by 16 instead 28.

Read story here: https://www.grahamleader.com/sports/newcastles-season-ends-loss-powerhouse-benjamin
It also says one of Benjamin's touchdowns was a defensive touchdown

A good kicker is often overlooked, but so freaking valuable. Two years ago, my son's team missed more than half of their XPs. It cost us a couple of games. In one game, we missed 6 of them....lost by 10. The first school I saw that made me realize how valuable they were was Covenant Classical. Their kicker was automatic. If they scored 10 TDs, they were scoring 20 in XPs. That's a huge difference. This year, we've got a freshman kicker who is nails. There's room for improvement, and every miss isn't his fault, but he's making 85%. He not only has great technique, but a strong leg. He's the type of kicker who could kick in college.

Does he kick soccer style or the old fashioned way? It seems like I have not seen a straight-ahead kicker anywhere except 6 Man.

Back