NCTA vs NOTRE DAME

Baytown has the benefit of a few ball carriers, been like that for a few years. They had tough breaks in prior season in which they were undefeated. Glad to see them make it to the big show. I may have to skip out on work to make the drive to Waco to watch a full day of 6man.

Baytown was very impressive this week dominating a well put together seguin team
They are hungry for a state title and will be very hard to stop

ND was down by 20 early in the first half. Took a brief lead in the 3rd Q, but were once again trailing with about 5 mins left in the 4th quarter. That's when they put together a drive that ND fans will be talking about for years to come. Perfect execution down to the last few ticks on the clock.

If I'm being perfectly honest I think the pressure got to be too much for NCTA at the end. I'm sure all week...and probably all year...they had been reminding themselves how ND "stole" their trip to state last year. They had the Knights number for most of this game, but just couldn't put them away.

On the Knights side, they made some big defensive plays with two or three goal line stands...one as time expired in the first half. The Knights have always had offensive firepower but their defense has been the story these last few weeks.

Will it be able to hold up one more week? We'll see...

I'm interested in watching these teams match-up. Baytown is unfamiliar to many of the teams they have played outside of their district so it's no suprise teams have come away impressed by BCA.

I can say the defense will be tested by that 3-headed Rushing attack. They do well blocking for each other as well which elevates the rushing attack.

Their defense is fast and aggressive. ND will have to match that intensity.

Back