N.L. All-Star Leader

Do you agree Griffey is the best player in the NL right now?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

garrettc16

11-man fan
Is it really any surprise who the top vote getter for the NL side of the all-star team is?? I think not. Griffey Jr. is having an amazing year and surpassing everyone's expectations of what he could do with his injury torn career. Is there anyone who would disagree with me when I say he deserves it way more than anyone on the field today?

You could definitely argue that way and personally I feel the same. But, I didn't want to make this thread turn into an A-Rod Vs. Griffey thread. I just wanted a thread to honor the man who in a perfect world without injuries would be the single greatest baseball player of all time. W/o injuries he is the only man ever to have had a shot at 900-1000 home-runs with many many many other records in many other categories.

P.S. where is Minooka IL??? I am in Illinois for the summer and lived here for 11 years but have never heard of the place. I live in Mt. Sterling IL in Brown County. Do you know where that is Bearkat?

garrettc16":31elv2as said:
P.S. where is Minooka IL??? I am in Illinois for the summer and lived here for 11 years but have never heard of the place. I live in Mt. Sterling IL in Brown County. Do you know where that is Bearkat?

I know where Mt. Sterling is. MInooka is a used-to-be small town about 12 miles SW of Joliet. Essentially wheree I80 and I55 cross.

I dont think Bonds deserved to be voted as a starter in the game. Wouldn't it have been justice for him to be left off the team altogether since it will be in his home stadium this year.
I just hope ARod stays healthy and plays long enough to break the Home Run record so the game will not be disgraced too long with Bonds holding it.

The way I see it he deserved it and it will be good for the game. Bonds' is having an All-Star Worthy year plus. . . It is in his hometown so that earned him many many votes. As for starting I feel that there may have been a better option or two but not many. Also, Bonds' is not a disgrace he is not a proven cheater and has never done anything but promote the game of baseball. I would be more embarassed by seeing an over-payed over-rated cry baby like Alex Rodriquez. He does not respect the game or go out of his way to promote it.

garrettc16,ARod just maybe one of the greatest Baseball player's of All Time,If the Man stays healthy,he just might be the All Time HR hitter,A sure 1st time hall of famer,

Ever Noticed how smaller Pudge is now days? Hmmmm??

Ever wonder why Sosa sat out last year? Hmm?

Ever Wonder why Mark Mcguire and Sosa went from 40HR's to 70 in a Year?Hmmm

Ever wonder why Bond's buddy is in Prison instead of Talking?

No, Bonds has not been a proven cheater,YET! Just a Matter of time..

And Pete Rose is not in the Hall of Fame---Geezzzzzz louise

Guess O.J was not guilty too :shock:

Barry Bonds promotes the game??? I guess sitting in ur recliner watching ur big screen TV in your locker room instead of talking to the media and teammates is promoting the game?? I have heard all of his teammates loves him. Bonds personal trainer must really love him too. :)

Yeah, I agree, ARod should have turned down the $250 million from the Rangers. He should have been a man and said that was way too much money and asked for less.

Mark - That was not my point at all. The man can play baseball like a freak very very rarely do you see talent like his. We havnt seen it in awhile (Ken Griffey Jr.). All that I am saying is that the man does not respect the fans, teammates, or his team. He takes the money wherever he can get it and when he's on fire he's untouchable but what about last year??? All he did was suck it up and make excuses blaming his sub-par performance on the New York Media. Bonds' on the other hand did probably 5 interviews last night during the Homerun Derby and was cheerful and happy the whole time even when they brought up questions about his past and steroids. A-Rod??? He did one 2 minute interview where he was up in the booth and he requested that they speed things up because he needed to get to dinner! One other thing that I can tell you is that if McGwire (sp?), Sosa, and Bonds took steroids so did A-Rod. I remember when he was just a scrawny little ball player with alot of heart for Seattle now look at him if he would have stayed there he would be one of my favorite players but he moved for money and lost hs head in all of the uproar.

Back