my Texan wife...

coach_jshelton

Six-man fan
likes this place called Dairy Queen(sp)?...what's the deal with that place?...everytime we go to a DQ in Colorado & they don't sell the steak finger basket, I swear she'd shoot me if she had a firearm nearby...moving back to Texas will increase my chance for survival (I hope)!

Funny thing about that is that despite the red DQ sign being called a "Texas Stop sign", the company is headquartered in Minnesota...

That's fine, but I must inform you that you, too, will be turned. Ketchup is for the 'fingers and gravy for the fries.<P>I recently finished acclamating an Idaho couple to Texas before returning them to their natural habitat. It's the Texas Catch and Release program. I'm here if you have any questions.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by granger:<BR><STRONG>Funny thing about that is that despite the red DQ sign being called a "Texas Stop sign", the company is headquartered in Minnesota...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, but the Texas DQ's have an entirely different marketing plan and organization than the rest of the country. I grew up on Wisconsin DQ's and the Texas ones are much, much better.

In Texas, when you order your burger you have to tell what you want left off the burger, otherwise everything is added. My family and I were on trip north of Texas. We stopped for lunch at a DQ in Rapid City SD and tried our normal way to order. We got our burgers with meat, bread and Catsup of all things! I have never found out how for north you have to go before things change. Maybe its at the Red River.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blue Bird:<BR><STRONG>We got our burgers with meat, bread and Catsup of all things!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Catsup?!?! Are you sure you're from Texas?<P>I think in Texas the only cokes served should be Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, and maybe Diet Coke for those of us who are trying to watch our figures...

I think that the D-Q is a 6-Man tradition. It was the required stop after the game if a town between us and the opponent had one.

I thought DQ was only a Texas based chain, am surprised to hear it is a National chain. Guess I have lived a sheltered Texas life.

Reminds me of the old joke: Do you know how Dairy Queen got pregant? Burger King forgot to wrap his Whopper.

cowboyfan40":2zdcql3x said:
I thought DQ was only a Texas based chain, am surprised to hear it is a National chain. Guess I have lived a sheltered Texas life.

Reminds me of the old joke: Do you know how Dairy Queen got pregant? Burger King forgot to wrap his Whopper.

:shock:

women.jpg

markf":37d82lga said:
cowboyfan40":37d82lga said:

:shock:

women.jpg

lachen.gif

Back