Montana Coaching Position

mtjack

11-man fan
Lima Highschool is currently searching for a new 6-man head football coach for the 2009 season. Other coaching positions are available in Boys basketball, and possibly track and field.

Current teaching vacancies are for Highschool Science and Special Ed K-12.

Lima, MT is a ranching community that is near the Idaho-Montana state line at an elevation of 6200ft. With mountains all around, outdoor activities abound. Hunting of whitetail, mule deer, and elk is right in the area. Fishing, both small stream and lake fishing opportunities are within a 20 mile trip. Our small school has 72 students K-12, and 27 in the highschool.

INTERESTED? Call Superintendent Steve Henderson, 406-276-3571
All vacancies are also listed on the Montana Office of Public Instruction web site.

The science position has been filled, but the Special Ed/Elementary PE is still available with the Head Football coach position.

I know its a long shot that anybody from down South would want to move to winter country, but "nothing tried, nothing gained". Summers are great up here, with temps rarely going over 90 degrees.

mtjack, if i am certified in secondary math in the state of texas, is it possible to get an emergency teaching permit for other teaching fields in montana...

by the way check your e-mail...

mtjack":pmbpbcqw said:
The science position has been filled, but the Special Ed/Elementary PE is still available with the Head Football coach position.

I know its a long shot that anybody from down South would want to move to winter country, but "nothing tried, nothing gained". Summers are great up here, with temps rarely going over 90 degrees.

How did you find our great site here in Texas? Do you regularly follow our six man football? Or were you doing a search and just happened to stumble across us? Not trying to run you off, we love having everyone on this board.

Andy

CR, I'm a regular poster on sixmannation and have long watched and read the posts on this site. Lima has been a 6-man school for over 10 yrs and I have really grown to love this game. Mr Granger's site is quite famous even out-side Texas.

Rippy, our server has been out more than on for the last couple of days. I will try to find your e-mail, but if I don't please contact the school number on the original post. They will be able to answer your questions better as far as emergency/temp certificates. I'm the father of 2 of the players on the varisty team, and would really like to see us be able to bring in a coach with a fresh approach. Last week I finally got to read the book "Where Dreams Die Hard", and it describes the battle in Lima, both on and off the field.

The new Lima coach has been chosen, and I ended up being the new coach.

Thank You to Mr. Morales and the others who took the time to call and show interest. We still haven't found a Special Ed teacher, but the school board felt that with less than a month til practice starts they needed to name a coach.

Funny how things go in these small towns... Old has-beens, who never played 6-man, only have 3 yrs of Junior High coaching experience, and now I'm the varsity coach. I haven't had this many butterflies since I played my last game. For Lima the challenges start with getting enough players out to make up a team, getting everyone thru 2-a-days healthy, and then finally playing the season.

If there is anyone out there that is still interested, is a certified Special Ed teacher, and would even consider a move to Montana? Don't hesitate to call the Lima High School. If you want to coach I would gladly move to an assistant role.

Back