Milford Bulldogs next year

Balmorhea had a few first year starters. They will only get better with this yr experience. Milford is good but balmorhea is great. I see a repeat next year between RS and Balmorhea with a tight game til the end. The team with least turnovers will win.

Milford is great. Milford started one freshman on offense and two freshman on defense. They're going to be so much better next year it's crazy. Milford and Balmorhea had 2 common opponents last year (Garden City and Richland springs) and Milford preformed better against both opponents. Milford is better than Balmorhea. Milford will be loaded next season.

Jonesboro beat Milford by 18 points. Borden County beat Jonesboro by 48. Calvert beat Borden County by 2 and Richland Springs beat Calvert by 50. So that means Richland Springs can beat Milford by 118 points. And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so!

These Milford parents/loud mouth players will only keep talking until they get knocked out in the 2nd round AGAIN. Everyone should just let them live in their own little worlds, they will die down just like they did this year. Balmorhea/Rs at state again. Milford.. well they will be watching it on a screen somewhere.. no need for comparisons if you can't make it to the big dance in the same year you are crying about. Keep on talking

The only reason Balmorhea made it to state is because they weren't in the toughest region in 6man football like Milford was. If Milford was in the west Balmorhea would be home early. We don't care what Region we're in we will compete and make a ball game with RS not just Travel 400 miles to get 45ed and take a couple of pictures. Congrats on your great season... only 47 points short.

Let's get a few things straight here...
1.) Before anyone says "recruiting", go check out their program first hand, as well as the video series put together on this season. Those kids eat, drink, sleep, and breathe football from the time they're old enough to understand the game.
2.) Milford was a good team, there's no doubt about that at all. They also have a memory of a crumbling around them as Richland walks away with another playoff win in Gatesville leaving a terrible taste in their mouth. Of course they'll be gunning for Richland! They'll be gunning for anyone and especially them for revenge and to prove themselves a worthy adversary again. Will they succeed? Not a chance. Will RS worry about them? Not a chance. I'm sure those kids are good, and will get better. But so will RS, and they're already in a league all their own.

3.) You can't argue over who would win by looking at points and spreads. We would be here all day! And every game is different, prepared for differently, and each having strengths and weaknesses. Sure Balmorhea got 45'd and Milford didn't. There's no arguing that. RS also had that many more weeks to improve their own game. But in the end, Balmorhea was at Jerry World and Milford wasn't. Balmorhea played hard fought and classy football. IMO, that's something that Milford did not. Truth of the matter is, RS will see Milford against next playoffs. Both teams will be excited and the game will be much anticipated. But don't bother to bring your champagne or premade shirts to celebrate your victory. You won't get that chance

Milford has to get by Jonesboro in week 2, which they have had a hard time doing in quite along time. The Eagles will be back with a solid team next year. Should be a good game, but I give the edge to Jonesboro at home.

If personnel doesn't change, neither will the outcome. They are going to have to add a stud, or two or three salty improvements.
I will say that the Milford boys did a bang up job of entertaining during their school song. It was vastly superior to RS's performance.

Very entertaining band. Extremely entertaining fans. And the most entertaining thing is our guys on the field on the field scoring 8!

Jonesboro is losing a lot to graduation, and Milford is returning a lot! Definitely won't be a close one.

I agree they are losing great talent, but if coach G would run a spread style offense with the talent they have returning, I believe they have a chance in the east. We should have run the spread against bordon county at least we could have scored more. But if they run the same offense, I don't believe they make it back to jerrys world, and the defense was pathetic though out the playoffs. Run the spread give the quarterback time to run or pass what ever is open.

Why would a coach change up what got him there? Jonesboro dealed with tons of injuries all through the playoffs so the only reason the defense was lack luster was because key players were missing. For you to be an "Ex Eagle" you are being very very critical of your own program. I have nothing but respect for coach G and the entire coaching staff, they have remarkable over the last 10 years. No doubt a major powerhouse.

Back