Meeteetse WY Clinic - July 30th

freeagent

Six-man pro
A couple weeks ago, I posted a request from Cody Dziowgo from Meeteetse WY trying to find some Texas coaches willing to head up to Wyoming for a Clinic.

I got a whole lot of folks interested in it, and it looks like Cody has been able to put something together ... just got the flyer today ...

Tuesday, July 30th from 8 to 5
Meeteetse Schools, Meeteetse, WY
Registration fee: $50 per coach

Speakers: Jeff Shelton (Highland HS), Shay Avantis (Robert Lee HS), Matt Odom (Garden City HS), Vance Jones (Balmorhea HS), Shannon Williams (Zephyr HS) and Brice Helton (Dallas Covenant School)

Sure sounds like a pretty good group -- I know if I was coaching in Wyoming, Colorado, Montana, or now I understand Idaho may be starting six man, I might plan a trip.

This was a great clinic. After about 4hrs my little brain was full. I hope the DVD is available cause there is alot of the afternoon stuff that I need to see again.

A huge thank you to those TX coaches who took time to drive all the way up north to talk to us. I understand that 2-a-days starts in TX on Monday. To take a trip like this the week before practice....?

Also I need to thank the folks in Meeteetse, WY for puting this whole clinic together. I had never been to Meeteetse before and was impressed with a nice community. I don't remember the name of the BBQ joint that brought in lunch, but that was some very fine beef (As an old saddle bum I consider myself an expert, and that was easily in my top 10).

Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You again.

I want to thank everyone at Meeteetse - especially Cory Dziowgo - for an amazing experience & the honor of talking football with a quality group of coaches.

Thanks to Coach Avants, Coach WIlliams, Coach Jones & Coach Odom for a great experience - I learned a lot.

Thank you to everyone who attended - it's not a short trip for anyone in WY, MT or ID to go anywhere it seems, but y'all live in the last frontier of America as far as I'm concerned.

I hope to see a bunch of people at the Meeteetse-Robert Lee game on August 30, I think it's going to be a great game.

Jeff Shelton

Back