McLean vs. Glasscock County 2018 Highlights

Garden City certainly had problems tackling Crockett, Were they afraid to hit him? Crockett was patient picking the holes and going thru the scrum and wasn't seriously hit on any of his touchdown runs.

I will say that the GC kids were definitely not “afraid to hit him” (and that was a dumb question/assumption, by the way). Crocket weighs 210-215 lbs and GC averages about 160-170 on defense. Thats why it looked like we didn’t get a good hit on him, we did, but he is strong and a good runner.

Jones26":3sir3o7t said:
I will say that the GC kids were definitely not “afraid to hit him” (and that was a dumb question/assumption, by the way). Crocket weighs 210-215 lbs and GC averages about 160-170 on defense. Thats why it looked like we didn’t get a good hit on him, we did, but he is strong and a good runner.
Just pointing out the obvious. Not a dumb question, GC needed to work on tackling. if they wanted to keep on playing. They could have fell down in front of him and slowed him down some. GC had a great year, hoped they would have won that game.

I will correct myself...some...lol. This is a video of Crockett's highlights. If someone watches the entire game, you will see that we did put a hat on him, but he is extremely talented (falling down in front of him doesn't work). I am going to stick up for our players, we do tackle well and our defense is very, very good. I'll leave it at that. Good luck to both McLean and Milford, both teams are very deserving to be there.

Caprock kid":1g2al4tx said:
How is it outstanding when they let a team drop 72 on them?

The 4th quartet really opened up for McLean. GC got pressured for time and had to start playing loose. Up until then, it was a great game.

Back