McLean v Whitedeer

Cw74":12dzkr4t said:
That kid is a hustler!! He’s one to not back down Especially if someone gets in his face. The first penalty was mouthing. The second was hitting before the ball got 15 yards on a kickoff. I hate saying this but those refs were bad at that game. I could hear Ira coach yell about a penalty and low and behold the yellow laundry came out. On the kickof that gave him the second personal foul it came from the sideline ref on the opposite side on the Ira sideline. Ira best play was “zebra 44”

So..... Those were the correct calls and would be in any game I would hope. Quit whining and worry about this Saturday.

Cw74":23tao6q9 said:
The first penalty was mouthing. The second was hitting before the ball got 15 yards on a kickoff. On the kickof that gave him the second personal foul it came from the sideline ref on the opposite side on the Ira sideline.

If there was only one unsportsmanlike, and one personal foul, then you have nothing to worry about. He will be eligible to play the entire game.

He has to sit out the first half.
There’s no whining here. I think the refs shouldn’t be able to determine the outcome of a game or a young mans eleigibilty to play. He didn’t do anything that should result in him having to sit. I’ve seen too many times that refs will call favorable calls for a team/coach that is established in the playoffs yearly. That’s more money for them. It happens in all sports and it’s travesty to the game.

Cw74, if you receive two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties you have to sit out a half. I get the hustle and motivation to hit someone. The thing is he wouldn’t be sitting out if he kept his mouth shut for the first penalty. As a result of his actions he let his team down. Hit someone hard and help them up, don’t boast about it.

Totally agree that the first call cannot be argued. Can the 2nd penalty be reviewed by the UIL if it was a bogus call? If so, I am sure the coaches are appealing the call if he did not commit the foul. If he did, I am sure he will sit.

So if you mouth, which I don’t condone, and I saw a lot of it, that’s automatically a penalty? Ok great, then they should’ve flagged every kid that mouthed. So what, he’s vocal. It comes across as loud and if they flagged every kid on both sides the game would’ve ended with no winner cause there wouldn’t have been any kids left to play. I think the ref on the Ira sideline had it out for him plain and simple. He plays with a lot of passion and we are turning football into flag football.

The kick off penalty he did hit the kid before 15 yards. Why didn’t the ref on his side make the call instead of the opposite sideline ref? Cause that ref had the Ira coach in his ear.

Bottom line is refs need to let the kids play period. Keep your calls consistent and quit sucking a** on the coaches you’re banking on.

I understand that mouthing occurs. It’s part of the game, but did he mouth off to the official? Another player? Was he warned to shut his mouth or he’d get flagged? He must have said something out of line for the penalty to occur. My take on it is that I understand players mouth and trash talk. It’s part of the game, but why not let your actions speak for you? He’s a big kid and can lay the wood to people. You don’t have to boast about the hit you had, go back to the huddle and do it again and again. Regardless if it was a good or bad call, he could have prevented his situation by staying quiet and just playing football!

Cw74":2kcbkv1t said:
So if you mouth, which I don’t condone, and I saw a lot of it, that’s automatically a penalty? Ok great, then they should’ve flagged every kid that mouthed. So what, he’s vocal. It comes across as loud and if they flagged every kid on both sides the game would’ve ended with no winner cause there wouldn’t have been any kids left to play. I think the ref on the Ira sideline had it out for him plain and simple. He plays with a lot of passion and we are turning football into flag football.

The kick off penalty he did hit the kid before 15 yards. Why didn’t the ref on his side make the call instead of the opposite sideline ref? Cause that ref had the Ira coach in his ear.

Bottom line is refs need to let the kids play period. Keep your calls consistent and quit sucking a** on the coaches you’re banking on.

Your question why the ref on his side didn't make the call has a simple answer. On a given play, kickoff included, each official has their own responsibility of action to watch. On an on-side kick one official is to watch the players for illegal blocking and the other is to watch for the touching and recovery of the ball. So it is absolutely feasible, and probable, the call was made by the ref who was supposed to be watching that action.

Sounds to me like the refs last week stole the show... personally I hate it when this type of thing happens. Let the kids play, you talk trash on the field and you shake hands afterwards. Whitedeer fans have every reason to be upset.

It won’t matter if he plays or not my friends. Big win coming for MCLEAN! White Deer has a great team, they’ve had a great year, they should be proud of that. Mclean by 50

Back