McLean V Garden City, Milford V Leakey

TebowTime15":2cg2kfwq said:
While I am not sure about Garden City and McLean, I think Milford will 45 Leakey. Even though Milford and Leakey are in the same region, this is a north v. south showdown. Two of the three south Texas teams, Leakey and Nucese Canyon, had very good seasons, but they mostly played private schools out of San Antonio. This will be Leakey's introduction to the big boys! Besides, I have seen Leakey's kids, and they have MAYBE one kid who can stay with #1 from Milford.

Although I think #1 from Milford is the best athlete I have ever seen playing sixmanfootball, I think the winner of McLean and Garden City will be the state champion based on strength of opponent.
I have watched Milford play Strawn twice in the last year and Milford has some physical advantages which will be tough for either Garden City and McLean to overcome. Taron's speed and agility aside, Milford as a team is tall and fast. Milford's passing attack is much more consistent than Strawn's. Milford's defensive backs will not be overwhelmed by Garden City or McLean's player size on passing attempts. I think McLean has the best overall team but that doesn't always translate into a win. If Milford is successful passing early on possessions that would make Taron impossible to stop. If Milford's passing game is off its just a matter of chasing Taron down, not any easy task either. All this talk about McLean being fast is just a figment of their imagination, no one has been tackling them. The next two games with change that perception.

Postby PepperLewis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:24 am

McLean by 32
Leakey by 90

Leakey by 90 haha. They will be lucky to score 20 points. This game will be 45 plus but a Milford win

First Let me Say congrats to all four teams !! I get on here every week and look at everyone take shots at milford all because you guys have a problem with milfordinsider . Let me just say this and you probably wont hear anything else from me for awhile . OUR kids are Great kids but you guys constantly bash them or have something negative to say about them due to the fact that you dislike someone in a chat room . Incase you are wondering yes they get on here and read the comments , but that's fine it ignites a fire deep down inside of them that's gonna take a lot to put out .... SO I SAY THIS WITH MY CHEST .... ROLLDOGS

BulldogNation":2vuxbcpd said:
First Let me Say congrats to all four teams !! I get on here every week and look at everyone take shots at milford all because you guys have a problem with milfordinsider . Let me just say this and you probably wont hear anything else from me for awhile . OUR kids are Great kids but you guys constantly bash them or have something negative to say about them due to the fact that you dislike someone in a chat room . Incase you are wondering yes they get on here and read the comments , but that's fine it ignites a fire deep down inside of them that's gonna take a lot to put out .... SO I SAY THIS WITH MY CHEST .... ROLLDOGS

Pretty sure Mclean will put it out.

footballfan10113":2lqg35ki said:
The state game in D1 is happening this week in Levelland. I have Mclean taking it by 16+ over GC and then Mclean beating Milford at state by a wide margin.
That's fine think what you want and say what you want just purchase your state ticket ... and your welcome to tailgate with us before the game

Mclean 38
Garden City 16

Mclean powers it down field, slows down the game and gives Garden City as few possessions as possible.

MIlford 78
Leakey 30

Milford allows a few TD's off of defensive mistakes but also has Defensive TD's, KO Return, and simply Dominates with Smith.

Mclean 60
Milford 26

Mclean uses a similar strategy of powering the ball downfield vs Milford. Milford sticks with them and goes score for score until the second half when the power run game has worn them out. McLean starts to pull away against an exhausted Milford Defense.

BulldogNation":r852jtbw said:
footballfan10113":r852jtbw said:
The state game in D1 is happening this week in Levelland. I have Mclean taking it by 16+ over GC and then Mclean beating Milford at state by a wide margin.
That's fine think what you want and say what you want just purchase your state ticket ... and your welcome to tailgate with us before the game

What about after?

footballfan10113":2u77piex said:
That means your saying GC is better than Milford. And that’s funny because two years in a row we’ve beaten GC.

Texlonghorn75":2k8uy087 said:
TebowTime15":2k8uy087 said:
While I am not sure about Garden City and McLean, I think Milford will 45 Leakey. Even though Milford and Leakey are in the same region, this is a north v. south showdown. Two of the three south Texas teams, Leakey and Nucese Canyon, had very good seasons, but they mostly played private schools out of San Antonio. This will be Leakey's introduction to the big boys! Besides, I have seen Leakey's kids, and they have MAYBE one kid who can stay with #1 from Milford.

Although I think #1 from Milford is the best athlete I have ever seen playing sixmanfootball, I think the winner of McLean and Garden City will be the state champion based on strength of opponent.
I have watched Milford play Strawn twice in the last year and Milford has some physical advantages which will be tough for either Garden City and McLean to overcome. Taron's speed and agility aside, Milford as a team is tall and fast. Milford's passing attack is much more consistent than Strawn's. Milford's defensive backs will not be overwhelmed by Garden City or McLean's player size on passing attempts. I think McLean has the best overall team but that doesn't always translate into a win. If Milford is successful passing early on possessions that would make Taron impossible to stop. If Milford's passing game is off its just a matter of chasing Taron down, not any easy task either. All this talk about McLean being fast is just a figment of their imagination, no one has been tackling them. The next two games with change that perception.

While I have not seen Milford play this year, I saw them play a few games over the course of the last two years. #1 is just out of this world; I guess I cannot say he is better than Ethridge, but man he is a much much much better athlete in terms of speed. Then again, TE was a load to try to tackle and could hit on defense.

Anyways, #1 is all real and it would not shock me if he does not play college ball somewhere. With that said, however, it is hard for one guy to do it all. Milford always has a shot, but they have to give #1 some help. I seem to remember a #13 being a good DB/WR kind of guy, but he may be gone now.

We will see how it plays out, but I am sticking by my prediction. I will probably be in Burnet, TX and could change my mind if I see fit to do so. Best of luck to Milford as I am rooting for the north over the south! :)

MilfordInsider":l7pbkdd1 said:
footballfan10113":l7pbkdd1 said:
That means your saying GC is better than Milford. And that’s funny because two years in a row we’ve beaten GC.

Defense wins championships.. and GC defense for real. And if they beat Mclean then I think GC will beat Milford. You can't talk past years kids move kids graduate.

Ta’Ron is the best player in the state and he has been since he was a freshman, maybe even 8th grade.
He does have help though,
Ricky Pendleton: Ta’Rons little brother. Ricky is 6’3 220 pounds. He is a freak of an athlete and bull strong. Plays running back on offense and is an absolute load to bring down. He also plays nose guard and absolutely controls the line of scrimmage. He’s just a junior.
Damyan Woodward: 6’3 wide receiver, the fastest guys on the team (ran the 200m at Austin, has made the state track meet every year he’s been in highschool), and he’s an absolute play maker. He’s Ta’Rons favorite deep threat and with that much size and speed he’s almost unguardable. He’s the starting safety on defense, last game he caught 4 INTs and he has 11 on the year. He’s a junior and he’s a game changer.
Corbin Shrotke: Plays a lot of QB for Milford and is a heck of a lead blocker for Ta’Ron. Corbin is an absolute monster on defense and has gotten state wide attention for having multiple 20 tackle games last year.
JaSean Brooks, Jaylon Davis, and Jaiden Bar all are play makes on both side of the ball and can make game deciding plays.
Milford is absolutely loaded, all of these guys stepped up after losing an amazing senior class last year. Milford definitely has a leader (Ta’Ron) but they are far from a 1 man team.

MilfordInsider":13t7mgc4 said:
Ta’Ron is the best player in the state and he has been since he was a freshman, maybe even 8th grade.
He does have help though,
Ricky Pendleton: Ta’Rons little brother. Ricky is 6’3 220 pounds. He is a freak of an athlete and bull strong. Plays running back on offense and is an absolute load to bring down. He also plays nose guard and absolutely controls the line of scrimmage. He’s just a junior.
Damyan Woodward: 6’3 wide receiver, the fastest guys on the team (ran the 200m at Austin, has made the state track meet every year he’s been in highschool), and he’s an absolute play maker. He’s Ta’Rons favorite deep threat and with that much size and speed he’s almost unguardable. He’s the starting safety on defense, last game he caught 4 INTs and he has 11 on the year. He’s a junior and he’s a game changer.
Corbin Shrotke: Plays a lot of QB for Milford and is a heck of a lead blocker for Ta’Ron. Corbin is an absolute monster on defense and has gotten state wide attention for having multiple 20 tackle games last year.
JaSean Brooks, Jaylon Davis, and Jaiden Bar all are play makes on both side of the ball and can make game deciding plays.
Milford is absolutely loaded, all of these guys stepped up after losing an amazing senior class last year. Milford definitely has a leader (Ta’Ron) but they are far from a 1 man team.
And you don't think Mclean and GC are loaded as well? Anyone who is left is loaded and has the right to be here.

The breakdown

Ranked #1 and #2
Both undefeated.
Mclean allowing 7 points per game GC 15
Mclean scores 60 per game GC 53

Common opponents

Strawn. Mclean 51 to 18
GC 34 to 23

Balmoreah Mclean 54 to 0 at half
GC 52 to 32 and then 48 to 14 both full games.

All that said throw the paper away and play ball

Milford by 45
Mclean by 28

Milford In my opinion will have a slight advantage coming into state game with the weaker playoff schedule. Mclean could be a little banged up after a tough garden city team. Kicking game will be a key as Milford has struggled to get the two point conversions in the games I’ve seen/listened to. It’ll be tight through the first half and Milford leads at half. Mclean will battle back, out last the bulldogs and win by 18. This said good luck to all and hope everyone stays healthy

Extra points have been a sore spot for my boys all year long. Graduated an all state kicker and a pretty fine holder last year. Good thing is there is about a week and a half to go over that a take care of if the little things.

WV Backer":3libh7tf said:
TebowTime15":3libh7tf said:
...Even though Milford and Leakey are in the same region, this is a north v. south showdown.
Milford is in Region 3 and Leakey is in Region 4. Just sayin'...

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/1AD1FB2018.pdf

Lol, I meant the same...conference? They play each other for the chance to go to state, and it is a definitely North v. South. While I am not a big fan of Milford and would rather Gorman or May take down Leakey, beggars cannot be choosers at this point.

Back