McLean V Garden City, Milford V Leakey

My unwanted game breakdowns look like this:
Garden City flies to the ball. McLean will be out of their element playing a defense that hits Crockett 2 yards off the line of scrimmage. McLean needs to work on some passing, get those linebackers pushed back to open up some field. Garden City will struggle against the McLean defense. McLean’s D is just too aggressive and athletic to try to slam it out with. If both teams try to smash mouth it (which I think they will), McLean comes out with a W.

Milford is just too athletic for Leakey and brings experience. Leakey has some athletes but cannot keep up with the Dogs. Milford will do what they have done all season and let TaRon play.

If Garden City can knock off McLean it will be GC and Milford’s 3rd time playing in the last 3 years. Last two times Milford won but both of those games were nothing short of all time classics, and I’d expect round 3 to more of the same.
If McLean can beat Garden City then you’ll have power vs speed. A game of who can stop who first. Can McLean keep up with the track speed? Can Milford go blow for blow with McLean?
Either way the D1 Title game is going to be an absolute showdown!

MilfordInsider":3p2tlfsa said:
If Garden City can knock off McLean it will be GC and Milford’s 3rd time playing in the last 3 years. Last two times Milford won but both of those games were nothing short of all time classics, and I’d expect round 3 to more of the same.
If McLean can beat Garden City then you’ll have power vs speed. A game of who can stop who first. Can McLean keep up with the track speed? Can Milford go blow for blow with McLean?
Either way the D1 Title game is going to be an absolute showdown!

Agreed. If McLean makes it, it’ll be a heck of a game, and a showing up superb athletes.

The problem with putting all your eggs in one basket (player) is if something happens to him everything changes. Went to the Calvert - Richland Springs in 2016. Both teams were strong and it was a hyped up game.
In the beginning of the game they were pretty much trading touchdowns and then Calvert’s awesome spread back went down and that was basically the end. It would have been a great game otherwise. So here’s praying that everyone stays healthy and injury free and we see a great 6 man classic game.

Nobody thinks Mclean is fast. They are gonna be some heads turning caus they are extremely fast!! Mclean will walk through all the way and win state easily!

Cw74":3k0qwwez said:
Nobody thinks Mclean is fast. They are gonna be some heads turning caus they are extremely fast!! Mclean will walk through all the way and win state easily!

I disagree, Mclean is my pick to win state but I do not see them 45ing Garden City or Milford. I think both those team will give Mclean all they can handle.

I think it’s safe to say any team making it this far is not a one man team.
Obviously I pick Milford over either but either could become one of the greatest championship game ever.
It could also turn into a blow out for any of them.

While I am not sure about Garden City and McLean, I think Milford will 45 Leakey. Even though Milford and Leakey are in the same region, this is a north v. south showdown. Two of the three south Texas teams, Leakey and Nucese Canyon, had very good seasons, but they mostly played private schools out of San Antonio. This will be Leakey's introduction to the big boys! Besides, I have seen Leakey's kids, and they have MAYBE one kid who can stay with #1 from Milford.

Although I think #1 from Milford is the best athlete I have ever seen playing sixmanfootball, I think the winner of McLean and Garden City will be the state champion based on strength of opponent.

Back