MC-Sterling City

I agree. I thought about it after I hit submit, lol. I forgot Motley County is further north than we are in SC. Definitely don't want anyone traveling in a mess like that, especially a group of kids. Thanks for helping me get over my "Duh" moment snapdragon, lol. :)

Isn't Borden County a tad small for a State Semifinal game??

Its listed capacity is 350, whereas most other 6M semifinal games in recent history have been at stadiums with around 3000 capacity (Hico, Comanche, Glen Rose, etc).

Why not play at some place like Sweetwater, Snyder or Post?

ELE I agree with you on the capacity thing but this late into the season a lot of school have not been on their field in 4 weeks. Football is over for them and they are not willing to host games. Too much of a hassle for them. Over the years I've seen several teams have a hard time finding a host stadium that is far (driving) for both teams.

Yeah we were going to play in sweetwater in the good ole 'stang bowl again but evidentally the MC coach refused to play there this go'round. dont know exactly why....have our guesses. But yes, youre right...BCs stadium is a five-star stage...just a bit small. we'll c how everyone copes with the space tonight! ready to see a great semifinal matchup

rainjacktx":1cd562rf said:
If I were a Sterling City fan - I might make a mental note for next year to remind me focus on the game and not the venue.

yeah key word is "if". IF you were an sc fan. we are lucky to not have people like you though as our fans lol. mc played a GREAT game and they fought hard. no shame in losing to a team like that. though we were missing three starters (this is not an excuse..just a statement) the sc football team never gave up. wish we would have been full throttle and been able to prove what game we really had instead of what we brought to the table at the time. proud of the boys and i give credit where credit is due. great job mc. best of luck.

The field and seating were great maybe seating a little closer than normal but it was cold and we didnt mind.

Thank you to Borden County you were a good host.

Back