May Not Be Done

For those out there that thought Covenant's run was over with the graduation of Lanham Briley. May want to tap the breaks, I watched a great battle Friday night between two heavy weights slugging it out between Abbott and Covenant. As always very different contrast in styles between Abbot's powerful J-bird spread running game and the wide up multiple spread passing attack of Covenant.

This game was back and forth all night 22/22 after one, 30/30 at half, 38/38 end of 3, and 46/44 Abbott with 3 minutes left. Abbott scored with 10 seconds left for the final 54/44. The Covenant Offense looked to be in good hands with Sophomore Hudson Williams now at the helm, he threw for 303 yards and 5 TD's against a fast and aggressive Abbott defense. The receiving core is deep and talented and they have two hard running backs.

Defensively Luke Evans dominated the Abbott's line from my perspective, and Blake Schroeder was all over the field making plays. The defense as a group did as good a job as you can against that Abbott rushing attack. Abbott had to earn each yard they gained as the Covenant dense proved to be quick and physical once again.

For those out there that thought Covenant's run was over with the graduation of Lanham Briley. May want to tap the breaks, I watched a great battle Friday night between two heavy weights slugging it out between Abbott and Covenant. As always very different contrast in styles between Abbot's powerful J-bird spread running game and the wide up multiple spread passing attack of Covenant.

This game was back and forth all night 22/22 after one, 30/30 at half, 38/38 end of 3, and 46/44 Abbott with 3 minutes left. Abbott scored with 10 seconds left for the final 54/44. The Covenant Offense looked to be in good hands with Sophomore Hudson Williams now at the helm, he threw for 303 yards and 5 TD's against a fast and aggressive Abbott defense. The receiving core is deep and talented and they have two hard running backs.

Defensively Luke Evans dominated the Abbott's line from my perspective, and Blake Schroeder was all over the field making plays. The defense as a group did as good a job as you can against that Abbott rushing attack. Abbott had to earn each yard they gained as the Covenant dense proved to be quick and physical once again.
I think Covenants program is to a point where they just reload every yr. They will be state contenders every yr

Back