match-ups

Blue Bird

Six-man pro
Granger, it is interesting to look at what you have compiled for each playoff game. For those of you that have not stumbled across "match-ups", it is on the left side on the home page and below rankings. What I would like to know is how you came up with the percentages for winning each game?

A quick follow up question. Maclean and Naz. In the spread department you have Naz picked to win by 0. I understand the 0, it could be a very close game. In the match-up department Maclean has a probabililty of winning of 50.3% and Naz is at 49.7%. So, why isn't Maclean picked to win by 0?

That is just weak programming. It selects the first team in the schedule file (on the left) and compares its rating to the one on the right. It rounds the answer. So if it rounds to 0, it says win by.... 0 if it is a whole number <0 it says lose by... it should be a little more discerning and decide whether to say win/lose prior to rounding...

the actual ratings are used in the probability calculation. This calculation is based on the distribution of the ratings.

Something I've thought would be nice is a side-by-side of your why-test... Not just during playoffs if it wasn't hard to do... (like a "compare" where you can select any two teams...)

It might help all those questions about why is X ahead of Y -- would let you see the schedule/opponents more readily..

Happy99":38skdfzt said:
Something I've thought would be nice is a side-by-side of your why-test... Not just during playoffs if it wasn't hard to do... (like a "compare" where you can select any two teams...)

It might help all those questions about why is X ahead of Y -- would let you see the schedule/opponents more readily..

That's not a bad idea.

Back