Lost a great six man football player this past weekend.

Coletyn king is gone but will never be forgotten. Played for 4 different six man towns and had a huge impact in each one he went to. Freshman year helping Gordon go deep into playoffs ; sophomore year as the spread back helping strawn go deep in playofffs; jr year finishing a dream he started since he was a little boy playing football in the back yards winning a state championship at throckmorton.
Sr. Year helping Hermleigh go to the playoffs for the first time in years. Anything Coletyn did in sports he did it to be the best and as a fan we loved that so much. When u say leave everything on the field he did it. It was an honor to watch Coletyn and I promise one day soon he will be in the six man football hall of fame. Coletyn was coached by his great dad and a hall of fame coach one day his self Shane Mallory. The six man community has lost a great player and needs all y’alls prayers for the family. As I remember so many times hearing run Coletyn run so for the last time till we meet again we love u and show them upstairs what it meant when they said run Coletyn run.

He was an amazing athlet, and He was a leader. Coletyn gave it a 110% every play in everything he did but he was also a great young man off the field. Extremely intelligent and always polite and nice to everyone. He will be missed by all. Prayers for Shane and all his family.

Such a great young man and a great loss. Sending many prayers to coach Mallory and his precious family during this difficult time. Praying that God will wrap his loving arms around coach and his entire family at this time. I can not even begin to imagine the pain and sorrow at this time but we will continue to lift them up in prayer as we know heaven received an amazing angel that we will see again in heaven. Take care and God bless my friend. Love ya, trey Richey and the entire coyote family

As great of an athlete that Coletyn was, he was better person and friend.

Please keep the Mallory family in your prayers as they face the infathomable.

If you’d like to help the Mallory family has established a scholarship fund to benefit the high schools Coletyn played at and loved. To donate use Venmo @STACEY-MALLORY-3

My heart goes out to Lisa, Shane and Colt as well as his extended family, his friends, former team mates and coaches. It was a privilege to watch him play the game. One of the most elusive players I've ever watched, and with his speed... Glad I made it to my first state championship at Jerry World in 2014. Shame you can't get down on the field to congratulate coaches or players. After watching him at Strawn, Gordon and Throckmorton I really wish I'd of made it to the 2015 All Star Game. I read afterwards he Owned it.
Rest In Peace. Thanks for the memories. God Bless him and all he touched.

51eleven":2f2qbhwu said:
My heart goes out to Lisa, Shane and Colt as well as his extended family, his friends, former team mates and coaches. It was a privilege to watch him play the game. One of the most elusive players I've ever watched, and with his speed... Glad I made it to my first state championship at Jerry World in 2014. Shame you can't get down on the field to congratulate coaches or players. After watching him at Strawn, Gordon and Throckmorton I really wish I'd of made it to the 2015 All Star Game. I read afterwards he Owned it.
Rest In Peace. Thanks for the memories. God Bless him and all he touched.

I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this. But since I can't edit the original post, Stacey, not Lisa.

Thankful today for the communities that Coletyn King shaped and had a great impact on. Thankful today for the parents, teachers, coaches, communities that shaped Coletyn King. Forgive me in advance if I say anything the slightest out of line. Im not editing after writing this. Woke up this morning early and I hadn't seen the site in a while. Usually Im tuned in broadcasting or following Coach Goodwin or Coach Edwards as I was last night listening on way in. Got busy this year with family, ranch, work obligations and haven't been keeping up as normally do. Saw the post about Coletyn King and spent the next hour watching the videos over and over this morning. Im not sure why, but everytime we lose one of the community raised kids, I feel like we've lost someone that we all hold very close. It has to be something that is in you from being raised in or being around people that understand community. We all get excited, surprised the rare time you meet another sixman kid far from home or see an old opponent. Most people in this world I do believe never get the kind of community connection that we share in these small rural school based settings. Ive been a lot of places and never seen it as prevalent as it is in six man country. That said, my heart is very heavy today for Coletyn family and all his communities he shined in. Thankful today for the communities that Coletyn King shaped and had a great impact on. Thankful today for the parents, teachers, coaches, communities that shaped Coletyn King. Rest In Peace Coletyn. Thank you for being an example of love and drawing us closer.

Stand up athlete, wonderful family, and that family changed the culture of an entire school district in HISD and I know they were loved at others at well. Love and condolences with his family.

Back