Looking For T-CAL Alignments for 2016

I believe they're undergoing another big exodus similar to last year. Sad really, they were really passionate about 6-man but can't seem to keep their teams sticking around for whatever reason

I had a feeling something like that was happening, their website has been "under construction" for several months. It is sad they were doing well, I attended their state championship games at HBU last season. Thanks for the info, if you hear anything please post here and I will do the same.

txprepfan":3pjyy1bi said:
Has anyone seen the alignments for T-CAL for the upcoming season?
If so, please let me know where I can find.
Thanks.

I've been trying to find them for several weeks, calls to the TCAL office and the new football commission have gone unanswered.

I understand San Antonio Winston has moved from TAPPS to T-CAL. I'll try to post the 2015 districts here and maybe we can figure out changes from there.

John Taddy
sixmanfootball.com private schools board moderator

I moved this topic over to TCAL as it's a better fit.

From what I've been able to determine, the following new schools are joining TCAL.

San Antonio Winston School (From TAPPS)
New Braunfels Calvary Baptist School (new school).

Here's what I show from 2015:

Division 1

Bryan Allen Academy (moved to TAPPS)
San Antonio Atonement Academy
Bryan Christian Home School (BVCHEA) (moved to TAIAO)
Houston Clear Lake Christian School
El Paso Faith Christian Academy
Fort Bend HCYA Chargers Home School (moved to TAIAO)
Tyler Kings Academy Christian School
Houston Mt. Carmel Charter School
Houston Texas Christian High School

Division 2

Corpus Christi Annapolis Christian Academy
Corpus Christi Arlington Heights/Abundant Life School
Corpus Christi WINGS Home School (moved to TAIAO)
Lockhart Gospel Lighthouse School
Marshall Christian Academy
Killen Memorial Christian Academy
Waco Parkview Christian Academy
San Antonio River City Christian School (this is NOT Selma River City Believers)
San Antonio Sunnybrook Christian Academy
San Antonio Town East Christian School

I think at least one or two of these have moved over to TAIAO but my feeble memory isn't clear. If anyone has any updates, etc. please send them to me by PRIVATE MESSAGE so I can confirm them before I post them here. Thanks!

John

Four moves (1 to TAPPS, 3 to TAIAO) have been verified and noted above.

Still have not heard from the TCAL folks about their alignments.

TCAL is a joke, some figured it out several years ago, some more recently, but TCAL is about making easy $. You could probably put together a pretty good list of teams that have left over the past 3-4 years and if you asked them, it was probably the best decision they have made in a long time.

Got a list today and a very nice note from Pastor Crain, the director of TCAL.

There are a couple questions I need to get confirmed before I roll with this list and it's probably going to be late next week at the earliest when I can get something confirmed and on digital "paper." This is moving weekend for the Taddy household (we're going cross-town to new digs). And I haven't really packed a thing. The movers come on Saturday. Internet gets hooked up on Wednesday.

John

I have been on the realignment committee for T-Cal next season. We have undergone some construction on the website that is set to relaunch in the next few weeks. Alignments are set to be approved at the summer meeting this Wednesday June 8. We have had a few schools join this upcoming season, and have had a few leave. From what I understand we will have about the same amount on membership as last year. I will be happy to post the new alignments as soon as I have the go-ahead.

The TCAL meeting was yesterday and what was posted above is basically correct for the most part although I don't have the alignments in front of me right now. SA Winston will be an addition. Also New Braunfels Calvary Baptist will be in the D2 alignment.

Surprised this has not been posted yet...

Maybe some groups are trying to get together and get some teams fashioned for this fall - exciting stuff for 6man maybe. Let's hear the latest? A "confirmed" tcal district list is difficult to obtain - my coach tried a few times this spring before we filled our schedule.

Unfortunately we will not be districted for football this year. Next year we are looking to put out district schedules. Right now here is what I have for div ii. Annapolis, Alamo heights, Sunnybrook, Lockhart gospel lighthouse, Waco parkview, and new braunfels Calvary. Wings has moved to taiao, river city cancelled, Killeen memorial has gone to TCAF, and Marshall has gone up to div I. If I remember correctly it is Marshall Christian, houston tx Christian, Winston, atonement, Paris Romeo prep, and a couple of others. Sorry guys we mostly were aligning on classifications overall. I hope we move to more of a "class across the board" with the same schools in each class in every sport. We shall see in time though. I can get the basketball districts together much easier.

Coach Shauf said:
Unfortunately we will not be districted for football this year. Next year we are looking to put out district schedules. Right now here is what I have for div ii. Annapolis, Alamo heights, Sunnybrook, Lockhart gospel lighthouse, Waco parkview, and new braunfels Calvary. Wings has moved to taiao, river city cancelled, Killeen memorial has gone to TCAF, and Marshall has gone up to div I. If I remember correctly it is Marshall Christian, houston tx Christian, Winston, atonement, Paris Romeo prep, and a couple of others. Sorry guys we mostly were aligning on classifications overall. I hope we move to more of a "class across the board" with the same schools in each class in every sport. We shall see in time though. I can get the basketball districts together much easier.

Thanks very much for the info.

Back