Looking For Basketball / Assistant Football

walston

11-man fan
I was looking for a basketball, football, any coaching positions and teacher job. I am Highly Qualified in Social Studies, Special Education, and Health. I was an assistant basketball coach at Kilgore College and Sul Ross State, now I have received my Masters from Sul Ross and am looking for a high school job. Have had a few small leads but nothing too serious. I really enjoyed my time out in Alpine, and enjoy the atmosphere out here. I think one thing that's holding me back is my lack of six-man football experience. Yet, I see myself as one of those coaches who could coach any sport, I do not have alot of experience with six-man but I am a high energy coach and am hoping to learn and better understand the game. Just love competition and it's all just energy and execution. As it creeps closer to August I'm getting nervous about job opportunities. I'm excited to teach and coach any sport or subject area. Anyways if anyone has any leads out there let me know. I attached a resume and any administrators or anyone who has advice on maybe how to improve upon it to help my chances would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the time!

Not trying to be rude but
Just wondering why you didn't try the obvious: Ft. Davis ISD?
Social Studies/Asst. Football?
Was it filled already?
It's still on the website today.

With your Masters now, wouldn't you rather stay at Sul?
I love it out there too!

FYI ... it's not sixman and I'm not sure what coaching opportunities arise, but I noticed in the San Antonio paper that Alice ISD is advertising a lot of positions open ... about 40 miles from Corpus; Alice is kind of an armpit, but they have a decent football history and you can live somewhere else nearby; Corpus really isn't that bad. Check the web for information, since I have already tossed the Sunday fishwrap.

Yo Crawdad give me a break.
I've turned over a new leaf.
I just gave the guy a great tip!
If I had his credentials
I darn sure wouldn't need your help.

Here's another one
Buckholts ISD.
They need a 6th gr. teacher and Girls Coach
but you'd better hurry.
I'm sure there would be some
6man action in there somewhere!!
It's a good place to start
and I hear the HC/AD is very
FOCUSED!!!

I appreciate all the tips, and on the 4th of July, thanks hope everyone had a good one. yes 6 man sounds great but I'm not completely limited to it, so thanks for the tips out near Corpus would be nice. Ft. Davis I heard is filled, or already knew where it was going. Really had a great time here at Sul Ross, but these assistant college jobs are great experiences and fun times while I'm young but now getting older need something more beneficial.

Just in case
we lookers had better have our Home depo
and Walmart applications updated also.
It's one of those years.
Better be ready to vote out all those pekkerwoods that put us in this position too!

"Better be ready to vote out all those pekkerwoods that put us in this position too!"

I KNOW THIS IS FOOTBALL AND MORE THAN THAT IT IS SIXMAN FOOTBALL

___BUT___

We better be watching and even more doing something about politcs if we want to
keep our way of life Washington DC does not give a dang about small schools or small towns
and for that matter neither does ,south west DC, ie: (Austin)
Please get involved contact you reps but even more contact the ones that are not
from your district they need to know they take an oweth to do what is right for the state not just their district, same for the fed.. We have a voice and it must be heard not just during election times or at the coffee shop. These individuals are killing us and never looking back.
Come on you are better that sitting on our duff while letting the life blood be choked out of our friends our neighbors
get involved or stand up and say i like being a sheep lead to the slaughter.
Fight a little if not for yourself then for your kids or grandkids.
You are the best...
dont let government just treat us like the rest!!!!
Please, fight harder for our rights.

Back