Looking for a field for playoffs

That is a tough bi-district draw in terms of travel! While I am not sure of the situation in regards to money (basically can you afford to play on a 11-man field,) Eden looks like the obvious choice in terms of sixman schools half away between Evant and Nueces Canyon.

You probably would not be posting if that was a good option, however, so here are some ideas as someone has lived near both places and is an zealous sixman football fan.

1. Pick a school close to Eden: I think Lohn would be an excellent and cheap choice; they have really done a nice job revamping their field and I bet Leon Freeman would jump for joy if someone asked to play a playoff game there. I am not 100% sure if it could seat enough people, however. I think it is slightly closer to Evant, but you could ask for it in a coin toss. Panther Creek and Paint Rock would also be in consideration. Maybe Veribest? It is probably too far to the west anyways, and I hate their field because you have (or at least in my day) to take a bus from their field house to the football field.

2. Play at a private school in San Antonio: Although the distance is pretty even, I am not sure about pricing or anything like that. I also would think the Nueces Canyon people (coaches, fans, players) would be more familiar with it since more Evant people probably go shopping in Austin or even DFW.

3. Prairie Lea: This is an interesting choice because they are in Nueces' district which would, at least in theory, give them familiarity but is quite a bit closer to Evant. I saw their field once and suspect they would agree to host it at a cheap price. While I doubt this is a legit choice, I thought it was an interesting idea.

4. Flip home and home OR something like Lometa against Leakey or Medina: This is always an option obviously; I would do it a lot if I coached Sanderson, Dell City, High Island, Medina, Leakey, Nucese Canyon, or another school far from the rest of the sixman community.

These are just ideas as I have lived in Lohn, Marble Falls, Ranger, Cleburne, San Marcos, and other towns in the area. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck, coach!

Looks like they settled for Paint Rock.
From Evant ISD facebook:
Elk Football Playoff Details
When: Friday, November 16 @ 7:30pm
VS: Nueces Canyon
Where: Paint Rock
Cone out and support our Elks!
Also on MaxPreps

Yeah, you're a little out-of-date on Veribest there, TebowTime15. They built a new field a few years back and it's right behind the school. I remember what you're talking about though, the field used to be a couple of miles away from the school.

sinfonian":3sms9n2y said:
elenaran":3sms9n2y said:
If I might plug my Playoff Site Selector app:
https://www.utdallas.edu/~bjc062000/map/football.html

Looks like the ideal spot is Fredericksburg and even has prior 6M playoff use - 1st round in 2016.

I tried using your calculator to determine the best choince between Merkel and Tulia and it gave all stadiums in East Texas. Think your machine is broken

Sorry, was updating it yesterday w/ the new alignments & stadiums. It should be good now.

Back