Lifegate breaks state record!!

seguinlifegate

11-man fan
So much to put on here...

It seems like a hallmark movie. One of our seniors, Caleb Tate, tore his hamstring a while back as some of you know... He got healthy enough to run at regionals but was not healthy enough to make it to state in any events except shotput.. THANKS FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND SUPPORT!!

We made him our alternate for the 4x1 and 4x2... Our freshman, and my little brother, was on a day to day hamstring pull.. he decided this morning that he couldn't run... Caleb got one more chance..

Our 4x100 won state
Our 4x200 beat the state 1A TAPPS record by about a tenth of a second!!

Matt Akin
Matt Swick
Tyler Swisher
Caleb Tate
Jacob Swick

your 4x1 and 4x2 champs

after winning the relays, Matt Swick and Caleb Tate gave Jake their medals... He earned them all year... and made a selfless decision to back out of his first chances of state medals for the overall good of the team...

seguinlifegate wrote:
> So much to put on here...
>
> It seems like a hallmark movie. One of our seniors, Caleb Tate, tore his
> hamstring a while back as some of you know... He got healthy enough to run
> at regionals but was not healthy enough to make it to state in any events
> except shotput.. THANKS FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND SUPPORT!!
>
> We made him our alternate for the 4x1 and 4x2... Our freshman, and my
> little brother, was on a day to day hamstring pull.. he decided this
> morning that he couldn't run... Caleb got one more chance..
>
> Our 4x100 won state
> Our 4x200 beat the state 1A TAPPS record by about a tenth of a second!!
>
> Matt Akin
> Matt Swick
> Tyler Swisher
> Caleb Tate
> Jacob Swick
>
> your 4x1 and 4x2 champs
>
> after winning the relays, Matt Swick and Caleb Tate gave Jake their
> medals... He earned them all year... and made a selfless decision to back
> out of his first chances of state medals for the overall good of the
> team...

Great news ... be sure to have your mom call Tucker at the Gazette to make Sunday's paper (call me ... I have his number around here somewhere or email him at [email protected]) John

I'm on the rig right now.. you'll have to get ahold of her.. or you can just tell tucker yourself i guess..

I'm not sure about all the details but i know

Akin got first in long jump, second in the 100, and first in 4x1 and 4x2... not sure about his triple jump

Tate got third in shot, first in 4x1 and 4x2...

Swisher got 4th in 100, 4x1 and 4x2..

Matt swick 4x1 4x2

not sure on any of the girls stuff... or times or measurements on anything... haha except the 4x2

1:35.35

From what I saw in the SA Express News, Freddy Heritage took 2nd at state, Lifegate 3rd. (They didn't say who won 1A state and I'm guessing it wasn't a San Antonio area school). By the way, expect Boerne Geneva to get the 1A overall title. They've won just about everything except football and track. Heck, if TAPPS had tiddlywinks or a quantum physics category, Geneva would win it.

Smart and athletic kids. A real rotten combination if you happen to compete against them.

Back