Leman's Record Book

One of the most successful 6 man football player to come out of Texas was Jack Pardee.
He played for Christoval, then all American at Texas A&M, then on to play linebacker for a number of NFL teams, most notable being the Rams where is was 2 times All Pro. He then became the only head coach to lead a team in college football, the National Football League, the United States Football League, the World Football League, and the Canadian Football League. Pardee was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a player in 1986.

I will bump this topic...to let people know I have received a few possible additions. If you think someone can crack the top 5 here...or heck if they are below what we have here...let me know! I have a much larger master list I keep adding to!

Please be prepared to have supporting evidence of some kind...ie film, newspaper, magazine articles ect...

Hey Coach Medina, Travis Woodruff here
My old man wanted me to say hello. I saw Cheetah here in alpine the other day glad to see him doing so well. Couldn’t help but think back on the Mustang dynasty and the influence you and your players had on me. Thanks so much. Woodruff and I hope you are doing well!
How bout those Bears huh!

Leman Saunders":3qhldreq said:
I will bump this topic...to let people know I have received a few possible additions. If you think someone can crack the top 5 here...or heck if they are below what we have here...let me know! I have a much larger master list I keep adding to!

Please be prepared to have supporting evidence of some kind...ie film, newspaper, magazine articles ect...

Lito told me about Manuel Beltran. Cherokee 73-76. Three trips to state wins two. 164 career td's in 6man hof...
Surely he should be in conversation

granger":zknjip0x said:
what's the most passing yards for a left-handed quarterback against a public school on a day ending in Y?
Did anyone ever come up with the answer to Granger's question?

I'm going to take a guess that it was the boy from Greenville Christian several years ago, and I can't recall his name at the moment. Big kid, strong, great passer, and left-handed. The passing yards would be "a bunch"!

Leman, i dont see a PAT single season stat.
Richie Daniels of RS may be one at the top. Have not refreshed my memory, but I think he connected for 212 points or 106 successful in 2007.

Most of TE's single game records should be multiplied by 2 because he only played the whole game a handle full of times.

granger":1qi4gzxo said:
what's the most passing yards for a left-handed quarterback against a public school on a day ending in Y?
Better still, what’s the most passing yard by an ambidextrous qb against any school in months ending in “r”......................

Bebo Beaver scored every point for Trent in a loss to Paint rock back in the 80's...I believe it was 52 points...Not THE BEST but worth mentioning.

Hey Lehman how about most TD's in a playoff game...I'll nominate Lewis Knapp of Trent. 10 TD's against Panther Creek in a 89-69 bi district win. Not sure of the year but was late 80's.

Pretty neat that Tanner Richey and Trey Richey both are on the record books for defensive interceptions... just a few years apart...

It was Midland Trinity against Fort Davis for the highest scoring private/public school game.

Some of these records set in the 80’s and 90’s are hard to wrap a head around.

Back