PO Box 9
Lazbuddie, TX 79053
[email protected]

Affordable dist. housing??
I thought when schools had housing,
(usually for all the coaches they go through),
that it was part of the salary package.
Do all schools charge?
Don't see why they would have to charge.

Just guessing, mutt friend, but I think that if the district gave you free housing the revenooers over at the IRS would insist that the housing be considered income for income and medicare tax purposes.

It's probably cleaner for the school district to rent housing to the teachers at a "market" price, which is always up to a lot of interpretation. I was reading about a small district south of San Antonio, caught up in the Eagle Ford oil boom; they've bought a number of trailers and set them up for teachers (and others wishing to send their kids to their school).

Considering that folks in some of these oil towns are getting over $100 a night for a room not nice enough for my dog to sleep in; or several hundred or more a month just to plop a trailer, I'm guessing these "market" rates might not be available to all ...

Coach, please email me with the name of the NEW coach, NEW Superintendent & any other changes in the district at [email protected]. The TEXAS SPORTS GUIDE deadline is JULY 5th!

Please ya’ll - tell us when you move! Email the changes to me or request a questionnaire!

Thanks,
Carol

I have been hired as the new Head Football coach at Lazbuddie I.S.D. I look forward to rebuilding the proud tradition of Longhorn Football.

Adam Kirby

Back