Kress ISD Head Football/AD/History composite

Shawn1030

11-man fan
The primary responsibility of our athletic director is to oversee all aspects of the athletic programs that are sponsored by our school. This includes the staff, ordering equipment for teams, promoting events, matches, and meets. Scheduling activities in Junior high and high school. Working with coaches to develop a program to promote athletic competition. Establish a weight program to develop young athletes safely. Work with athletic budget and school boosters.
Send letter of interest to Phil.Zolman Principal at [email protected]
Applications can be found at Kress ISD web page under the Administration page Employee & Teacher Resources
Teaching Field History Government, Economics
AD Head Football

This will be a very hard sale to get someone to come to Kress after what has happened to the previous coaches/coaching staffs.

Who'm ever takes this job HONESTLY NEEDS TO ASK FOR A 2 YEAR CONTRACT, SO IF THEY TERMINATE YOU, YOU GET AN EXTRA YEARS SALARY.

Stevens - (plus 3 coaches removed) Board forced out
James - Board forced out
Soliz - left after 1 year of AD (don't know if coaching or not)
Ramirez - Board forced out
Roach (plus 4 coaches removed) - Board forced out
Ware (pus 2 coaches removed) - Board forced out
Earhart - Board/Admin forced out/Resigned

Went back through years of press clippings and came up with a total of 17 coaches from 2010-2020.

While I don't know anything about this situation, being a sixman coach remains a tough career path due to poor pay (at least at most schools,) long hours, lots of moving due to a lack of job security, living in rural areas (at least at most schools,) pressure to win and/or appease the community, uphold high ethical standards to be a role model, teaching classes, maintenance of the facilities at many schools, and trying to live a normal life. Basically, it takes a special woman to agree to this lifestyle.

I worry that the good economy will make finding coaches, much less good coaches, much more difficult. Factor in a turbulent history, and I fear the kids at Kress may not find a coach. Kress should consider the 2 year contract if they can't get any candidates to apply.

Having formally coached there, I will say that the sophomore group they have with a stud freshman, they definitely have some talent. After seeing 17-20 coaching changes, it seems pretty obvious turnover is high. Having said that, definitely look for a 2 year if possible). Ever since the new principal has been there they have had a ridiculous turnover rate.

To clarify on the previous coaches
James - 2 years (let go) (HFB)
Solis - 3 years HFB/AD (last year) (resigned/let go) (AD)
Roach - 1 year (resigned/admin)
Ware - 1 year (board) (AD/HFB)
Earhart - (little over 1/2 year)after basketball (resigns/board/admin
Ramirez (There for 3 years I believe) (HBB/AD 2017-18) (resigned as AD then left for new school)

Coach Roach":1195arpu said:
Having formally coached there, I will say that the sophomore group they have with a stud freshman, they definitely have some talent. After seeing 17-20 coaching changes, it seems pretty obvious turnover is high. Having said that, definitely look for a 2 year if possible). Ever since the new principal has been there they have had a ridiculous turnover rate.

To clarify on the previous coaches
James - 2 years (let go) (HFB)
Solis - 3 years HFB/AD (last year) (resigned/let go) (AD)
Roach - 1 year (resigned/admin)
Ware - 1 year (board) (AD/HFB)
Earhart - (little over 1/2 year)after basketball (resigns/board/admin
Ramirez (There for 3 years I believe) (HBB/AD 2017-18) (resigned as AD then left for new school)

what where the AD and boards reasons for letting them go ??

Back