Kinsler gone

markf

Six-man fan
The Detroit Tigers have agreed to trade first baseman Prince Fielder to the Texas Rangers for second baseman Ian Kinsler, according to a report by CBSSports.com.

Physicals are still needed to complete the deal, and another unidentified player could be involved in the deal, according to the report.

Fielder, 29, hit .279 with 25 home runs and 106 RBIs last season, his second with the Tigers. Fielder signed a nine-year, $214 million contract with Detroit prior to the 2012 season.

Kinsler, 31, hit .277 with 13 home runs and 72 RBIs last season with Texas.

Just saw that on ESPN. Sad to see Kinsler go, but a heck of a pickup in Fielder. Still not real sure how I feel about Kinsler being gone though. ...

Are your serious..."Sad to see Kinsler go"...M Young was more a Ranger than Kinsler...this was a great trade!

And those who are "sad" to see this trade should have committed ritual suicide over the M. Young trade...that guy was more to Texas Rangers baseball than anyone else on the field.

We'll see, but in getting rid of Nolan Ryan, I bet the Rangers are making a move back to mediocrity. He did something no other general manager had ever done, get them in the World Series.

MelaniB":w2hfvido said:
Mark it sounds like none of the women liked Kinsler. Why?

Mel,most of the women did love Kinsler,,He--The Women say was a handsome man,,I wouldnt know bout that?

Gentry now dealt to the A's
AJ a Red Sox
Murphy-Cleveland
Nathan-Now a Tiger.
I really liked Nathan as a friend and Great pitcher.

Old Bearkat":3lpury4b said:
We'll see, but in getting rid of Nolan Ryan, I bet the Rangers are making a move back to mediocrity. He did something no other general manager had ever done, get them in the World Series.

umm he wasn't the GM but I see what you mean haha

The Rangers are desperate for power and the moves that have taken place are just the beginning. They will make many more before spring training in February and since Ellsbury got a ridiculous amount of money from the Pinstripe ATM in New York the price for Cruz and Choo just went up so it'll be interesting to see who is the starting LF next year. Some are saying that Choice (acquired for Gentry) will be the LF but I think 3 development starters will be too much so I still think they'll go after Choo. As far as catcher goes I was hoping Salty would come back but since he's now a fish I don't really know where they go for a catcher.

Back