Keep these families in your prayers

freeagent

Six-man pro
Just got a note last night that Caleb Midkiff, a junior high football player for Cleburne Christian, passed away unexpectedly Friday morning. Initial autopsy results were unable to determine cause of death.

Services will be Wednesday at 1 pm at Travis Avenue Baptist Church in Fort Worth, with visitation Tuesday (11/27) from 6 pm to 8 pm.

Our prayers go out to the parents and family. I know the Lord is in control, but it's not easy being a parent and burying your child. As a wise person once told me, it's the job of the kids to bury your parents.

While we're praying, would you keep Jacob Ceniseros and his family in your prayers. Jacob is a 6th grader here at Seguin Lifegate and his dad is one of our junior high basketball coaches (Jacob played football in a local crowded field league this year and planned to play for the Falcons junior high next year). Friday, they learned that Jacob, who hadn't been feeling well for a short while -- nosebleeds, etc. -- has leukemia. The doctors tell the family that it is curable, but it will involve a very vigorous treatment plan over the next three years; with the first six months or so very intense. He is currently hospitalized in San Antonio.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those young children.

do you have any idea what happened in each case? I couldn't ever imagine losing a child.

RoscoeSparks11":1ltj391l said:
Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those young children.

do you have any idea what happened in each case? I couldn't ever imagine losing a child.

In Jacob's case, I understand he was bruising easily and having nosebleeds. The doctors did a number of tests, and the leukemia diagnosis came last week. He is undergoing chemo this week.

Prayers to both families from the community of Gustine. These are both terrible situations and I pray that God will comfort both families as needed.

Today, one of my best friends buried his 14 year-old son. A week ago, he was fine. Friday afternoon, he was gone.

I'm merely a friend and I am still trying to understand what happened. My friend and his wife will be trying to understand it for the rest of their lives. It is something that no parent should ever have to experience.

One of our assistants reminded me today that Caleb's dad, Mark, is one of the coaches at Cleburne Christian and one of his fraternity brothers at Baylor. He also was at our coaching clinic here in Seguin this summer.

Today, they laid Caleb to rest. May the good Lord comfort them and console them today and everyday. My parents had the sad duty of burying a son and my brother- and sister-in-law did the same three years ago with their son. It is something I would not wish on my worst enemy, but I trust that the Lord will be there on those days when it's tough to go on or when they question why.

Our principal went to visit Jacob in the hospital today. He's in good spirits although the tests and treatments take quite a bit out of him. Keep him and his parents in your prayers as well. His dad was coaching our junior high boys basketball "b" team this year until this came along.

lifegatesports":zq3qfhih said:
Just got a note last night that Caleb Midkiff, a junior high football player for Cleburne Christian, passed away unexpectedly Friday morning. Initial autopsy results were unable to determine cause of death.
Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers, my wife is friends with several teachers at this school and after the full autopsy they still cannot determine the cause of death!

Our family would like to extend the deepest and most sincere thank you to all of you who have express your sympathy and prayers since the death of Caleb. We have been overwhelmed with love and support during this time.

As parents and coaches we try to build character and teach our athletes how to deal with life's lessons. I never dreamed we, as a team, would have to learn this lesson together. I never dreamed that some of our Jr. High and Varsity players would be carrying a casket of one of their teammates. Please continue to pray for our family and friends who continue to grieve with us.

Although Caleb was only 13 years old, he lived his life well. May we all strive to live our lives well.

Mark Midkiff and family

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/teens-de ... 40341.html

Sometimes we go through the motions asking God to keep everyone safe, but the reality of losing anyone especially these young ones is almost unbearable. You’ll will be in our prayers and daily thoughts. I will remember each time I get to hug my kids,,,, Rankin wishing you'll comfort and God's understanding at this time.

Back