Karnack to close high school

Get ready for more like this. No one is moving to these small towns and the kids are leaving for greener pastures.

Who are they merging with?

That's too bad, really sad. I have never been thru Karnack but had the privilege of competing against them while we lived in Ore City in the late 70s. We played them three times in the eighth grade, in three of the seven tournaments we were in that year. That's right, I said 7 basketball tournaments. They were tall and could jump out of the gym. We all learned against them the handy art of head and ball fakes to get them into the air.They beat us twice the following year, second time in the basketball playoffs. I think they lost in the Regional finals or in Austin. I saw their girls win state once or twice, too. They were very salty until the last ten years or so.

These small communities need to do two things to stay alive: 1) land reform to redistribute unused land; 2) producing more babies. Having one or two and then realizing you hate your mate is killing small communities.

Watched their girls win a state title in BB a few years ago - remember them being one of the most athletic teams i've ever seen!! Hate to see this

Back