Just killin' time Trivia

smokeyjoe53

Six-man pro
It has been suggested that a Trivia thread be started. Since most of the regulars on here have trivial minds, it seems to be an appropriate subject..............

Here are 5 questions to get you started: (feel free to Google your answers, as the subject of this thread suggests, we're just killing time until next season)

Which is the only mammal that can't jump?

What did Joseph Priesley discover in 1774?

Who invented television?

In what language does "obrigado" mean "thank you"?

Who was the first man in space?

smokeyjoe53":2h0cndu6 said:
What did Joseph Priesley discover in 1774?

wasn't he on 90210? wait, that was Jason Priestley

actually it was oxygen... there's a great book I read this year called The Year of Wonder: How the romantic generation discovered the beauty and terror of Science. It won all sorts of literary awards in 2009 for science writing. If you are so inclined, I highly recommend it.

smokeyjoe53":29321jxe said:
In what language does "obrigado" mean "thank you"?

More important... who says 'obrigado' as opposed to 'obrigada'
Learned this leasson the hard way when I was on a 3 week assignment to Brazil.... as if you would have trouble distinguising between the sexes in Brazil.

PopeBurford":3ibtoh48 said:
What do John Ritter <Threes Company> and David Crosby <Crosby, Stills & Nash> have in common?
Both their Dads were involved with the movie High Noon. Floyd Crosby was the cinematographer on the movie and Tex Ritter sang the movie theme.

smokeyjoe53":p5fuieme said:
PopeBurford":p5fuieme said:
What do John Ritter <Threes Company> and David Crosby <Crosby, Stills & Nash> have in common?
Both their Dads were involved with the movie High Noon. Floyd Crosby was the cinematographer on the movie and Tex Ritter sang the movie theme.

Excellent... both won oscars for their work

smokeyjoe53":3a8gr9u0 said:
CowboyP":3a8gr9u0 said:
What century produced the most advancements in firearms?
That one is debatable, but most people would say the 20th century...........
The answer I was searching for is the 19th century. There was more evolution in design in the 1800s than at any other time.

Back