Jonesboro vs May

Congrats to may and for the win and a tough Jboro squad on an excellent season. Well I was about a touchdown off for each team. But in the end I was correct they would win by a mustang margin

May= overrated year in and year out. No reason they shouldn’t have any state titles teams they have had before as good as any others.
I will say this, May was playing 6-man when 6-man wasn't cool, I'm talking back before there was a need for 2 divisions in 6-man football. Back before all the 11-man teams that couldn't quite make it in 11-man started dropping down to 6-man. Teams like Mozelle and Novice and Pottsville, real 6-man teams that most of you 6-man converts never heard of. May has always been a good program, just like Strawn and Gordon and Jayton and Milford and Jonesboro. So, you can call them over rated all you want, but true 6-man fans know they've always been respected.

May still looks pretty solid. Looked like #25 came out with a injury. Good game overall glad it went all 4 quarters.
25 was back second half ready to go but Coach kept him out just as a precaution. I don’t want to say he wasn’t needed because he’s an awesome athlete but things were under control so it was right decision. He’s ok and will play next week.

25 was back second half ready to go but Coach kept him out just as a precaution. I don’t want to say he wasn’t needed because he’s an awesome athlete but things were under control so it was right decision. He’s ok and will play next week.
I saw that. looked like he knew exactly what happened, and how to fix it. Glad to hear he will be ready next week. We want to beat a healthy team :ROFLMAO:

The game started out like it was going to be a nail biter but then seemed that Jonesboro went to their usual "start slow and swing for it in the second half" approach. May just seemed to be too big for Jonesboro. However I will say Jonesboro appeared to have May looking tired in the 4th. I think without the fumbles from Jonesboro that game is a lot closer, May capitalized on every one of them which I think took a lot of the air out of the eagles. Jonesboro also seemed to be hurting even though they played through until the final buzzer. Great mistake free game from May!

I saw that. looked like he knew exactly what happened, and how to fix it. Glad to hear he will be ready next week. We want to beat a healthy team :ROFLMAO:
We hope y’all are healthy too no excuses. Oh yea let the trash talk begin. Lol. Like I said before, be sure to pack gym clothes and that round ball. Y’all’s round ball season starting real soon.

The game started out like it was going to be a nail biter but then seemed that Jonesboro went to their usual "start slow and swing for it in the second half" approach. May just seemed to be too big for Jonesboro. However I will say Jonesboro appeared to have May looking tired in the 4th. I think without the fumbles from Jonesboro that game is a lot closer, May capitalized on every one of them which I think took a lot of the air out of the eagles. Jonesboro also seemed to be hurting even though they played through until the final buzzer. Great mistake free game from May!
These two teams matched up about the way you would expect. Great athletes and great coaches on both teams made for an exciting game. Like you said turnovers hurt Jonesboro no doubt. May scored twice on defense so that’s huge. I think May gave up some easy touchdowns that you don’t normally see them do. Jonesboro kept it within reaching distance but never had a feeling that May was in trouble.

I will say this, May was playing 6-man when 6-man wasn't cool, I'm talking back before there was a need for 2 divisions in 6-man football. Back before all the 11-man teams that couldn't quite make it in 11-man started dropping down to 6-man. Teams like Mozelle and Novice and Pottsville, real 6-man teams that most of you 6-man converts never heard of. May has always been a good program, just like Strawn and Gordon and Jayton and Milford and Jonesboro. So, you can call them over rated all you want, but true 6-man fans know they've always been respected.
Nearly everyone you mention was an 11 man school at one time, except maybe Pottsville.

Saw a good last night in Dublin. Met some good people. Ate at Hard 8 before game but it is in a larger town
than in original comments and price was over allotted amount. Met some people there. Visited and watched
game. After tonight, more fun getting ready for next week. Good luck tonight to everyone and stay healthy.

Saw a good last night in Dublin. Met some good people. Ate at Hard 8 before game but it is in a larger town
than in original comments and price was over allotted amount. Met some people there. Visited and watched
game. After tonight, more fun getting ready for next week. Good luck tonight to everyone and stay healthy.
That's funny I met some really good folks last night in Dublin too. :)

Back