JH ball size??

We've always used the same Wilson GST as we do in varsity, occasionally we use the Nike varsity size ball. But I'm not sure there is an "official size" in the rule book. Correct me if I'm wrong, as I may be.

We use the Wilson GST TDy size for youth. Its smaller than the high school so our kids can get a hold of it. We dont all have beasts like freeagent does!

Texman301":tlvka7cc said:
We use the Wilson GST TDy size for youth. Its smaller than the high school so our kids can get a hold of it. We dont all have beasts like freeagent does!

We end up with all types of stuff because (1) we lost the other 10 that were in the set when we bought it (2) somebody gave us one or (3) there was a sale on what we bought that day. Main reason we use Wilson for varsity games is that TAPPS requires all its member schools to use the official ball for their home/district games.

We use Wilson TDY. Dicks had the composite on sale the other day for $19.99. You can find them at Academy and other sporting goods stores for around $25.

I remember going to a TAPPS meeting and the speaker reminded everybody that they shouldn't use a ball that has the UPC code imprinted in the ball (ie, a cheap plastic ball).

Back