Irion County and Benjamin this weekend looks to be good

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
Was looking through the brackets and noticed this game. It seems pretty obvious that districts 11 & 16 were pretty salty this year.

Speaking of BB (thanks Granger),

Gordon boys play Graford tonight in Regional BB Tournament, to determine who plays winner of Huckabee & Dodd City for Regional Championship. Go Horns!

Just making it this far is a Gordon BB history 1st. They're in impressive company with Graford the defending State Champs, & Huckabee being Huckabee.

4 freshman & 1 sophmore for Gordon's starting lineup. Go Horns!

Played Gordon and Benjamin this yr. Both teams are very athletic and well coached. I could see either or both teams winning a state title

Watching the game live. This game is chippy! The Rigdon kid and #3 from Irion County have been at each other throats all game long. Surprised #3 hasn’t been thrown out… he’s clearly cheapshot Rigdon a few times and he got a technical early in the game. Other than that it’s been a good contest!

Went to the Abbott, McMullen Co game. I think it was 11-all when Run TMc went on an 18-0 run to end the first and start the second. I don't think Abbott had a single offensive rebound all game. Lost by about 22. The Panthers looked tired. Regionals are tough, but at least they aren't like they used to be when you had to win three games in a weekend (with 2 on Saturday).

Benjamin & Jayton are our 2 "FB schools" playing in the Conference 1A Basketball State quarterfinals going on right now.

All the way Mustangs!! (I'm still kinda ticked at Jayton for stealing the Regional FB Chmpshp from Strawn once in the very late '80s so...).

Back